Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are correct............In the past he has had young Tim Krull, Fraser Foster, Jack Butland at his disposal and not gone down the Young Highly Rated keeper route. It's just not a position he tends to go for inexperience and bleeding them young. Other positions YES but not that one.

There will be an experienced keeper in goal next year, whoever that might be. Where is Tim Krull now anyhow ?That would be an option

Having watched John Ruddy at Norwich probably more times than most on here what is your view of him and do you think CH will consider him?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Having watched John Ruddy at Norwich probably more times than most on here what is your view of him and do you think CH will consider him?

He was great at Motherwell and great at Norwich but he seemed to lose focus a bit recently but on the whole, a very good keeper. I think he is better keeper than Stockdale. Certainly more agile than Stockdale

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Ruddy is at a good age(30) and was good in the prem for Norwich. From what I have seen in last 2 years he has looked a bit shaky tho.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are correct............In the past he has had young Tim Krull, Fraser Foster, Jack Butland at his disposal and not gone down the Young Highly Rated keeper route. It's just not a position he tends to go for inexperience and bleeding them young. Other positions YES but not that one.

There will be an experienced keeper in goal next year, whoever that might be. Where is Tim Krull now anyhow ?That would be an option

He was on loan to AZ from Newcastle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Good post.

So potentially Walton will be number 2.

Krull is a great call. I really do believe we need someone with Premier League experience, never been that impressed with Ruddy who strikes me as a poor man's Rob Green (who isn't great either).

Vorm is a bit injury and error prone. Valdez would be on too higher wage.

Is David Marshall available? Otherwise it'll have to be Casper :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Ruddy is at a good age(30) and was good in the prem for Norwich. From what I have seen in last 2 years he has looked a bit shaky tho.

There was a lot of fall out between players at Norwich in the last year or so and I think Ruddy was one of the ones who fell out with people and if you fall out with certain players at Norwich you are out the door. That might have affected his focus in the last year or so at Norwich.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Good post.

So potentially Walton will be number 2.

Krull is a great call. I really do believe we need someone with Premier League experience, never been that impressed with Ruddy who strikes me as a poor man's Rob Green (who isn't great either).

Vorm is a bit injury and error prone. Valdez would be on too higher wage.

Is David Marshall available? Otherwise it'll have to be Casper :)

Oh not David Marshall. You obviously don't watch Scotland matches too much

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
There was a lot of fall out between players at Norwich in the last year or so and I think Ruddy was one of the ones who fell out with people and if you fall out with certain players at Norwich you are out the door. That might have affected his focus in the last year or so at Norwich.

Like Russell Martin?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So, has Stockdale gone then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here