Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stinking Out The Office

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

There's this dozy woman that sits near me, and EVERYDAY she brings in something for lunch that will STINK the entire office out. It wouldn't be so bad if we could open windows or something, but we can't and there's no escape even though it's a fairly big open plan office.

If it isn't raw onion sarnies then it's some garlic laden leftovers. Today it's apparantly a garlic and onion curried rice extravaganza.

It smells so bad it's making my eyes water. Inconsiderate sow.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That must be really annoying.

My department have just moved into a shared office with two other departments (roughly 150 staff in one office alltogether). There is a RULE, that hot food can not be eaten at your desk (because it smells), and all staff are asked to eat any smelly food in the staffroom provided.

Has your company got some kind of suggestion box or out?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm often quite paranoid about things like this myself, smelly food, nail varnish that kind of thing and I can't see how people are so unaware ?

It's the same thing when people with earphones have them really loud, REALLY annoys me (ooh that could go on the annoying thread, but didn't happen today so probably doesn't count)

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's the same thing when people with earphones have them really loud, REALLY annoys me (ooh that could go on the annoying thread, but didn't happen today so probably doesn't count)

There was a guy on my bus today doing exactly that sat infront of me yesterday. He was a pretty boy, well groomed, dressed well and had those trendy WESC headphones that were bright white. I wanted to tell him to turn it down, but then I could hear what he was playing.

Britney Spears - Toxic, so unexpected but BRILLIANT. I then chortled to myself and carried on reading the paper telling me I am moving offices

That must be really annoying.

My department have just moved into a shared office with two other departments (roughly 150 staff in one office alltogether). There is a RULE, that hot food can not be eaten at your desk (because it smells), and all staff are asked to eat any smelly food in the staffroom provided.

Has your company got some kind of suggestion box or out?

There isn't a staffroom really so they have to be able to eat somewhere.

The thing that makes it more annoying is that there isn't a microwave for staff to use in this building, except for in the directors kitchen area. This woman has been here so long that she can get away with wandering up there and stinking that area out too heating her manky lunch up. No one else could do it.

I'm out of here soon anyway so it won't be a problem much longer.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
There isn't a staffroom really so they have to be able to eat somewhere.

The thing that makes it more annoying is that there isn't a microwave for staff to use in this building, except for in the directors kitchen area. This woman has been here so long that she can get away with wandering up there and stinking that area out too heating her manky lunch up. No one else could do it.

I'm out of here soon anyway so it won't be a problem much longer.

You should get her to eat COLD baked beans out of a CUP for lunch!!:clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh don't get me started bruvs. I've got a guy next to me that f***ing well eats cold bakes beans sitting no more than 2 metres from me. And an egg sarnie bitch.

Lunchtimes here make me nauseous. (sp?)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I bet she has really bad skin and has been saying she has to eat that kind of food because she is on a diet...

... I know the type.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
There was a guy on my bus today doing exactly that sat infront of me yesterday. He was a pretty boy, well groomed, dressed well and had those trendy WESC headphones that were bright white. I wanted to tell him to turn it down, but then I could hear what he was playing.

Britney Spears - Toxic, so unexpected but BRILLIANT. I then chortled to myself and carried on reading the paper telling me I am moving offices

There's nearly always somebody without fail playing their music loudly on my bus home from work. I have told people loads of times to turn it down.
There was one time I was on a train when there were two chavvy girls playing their music off their phone without headphones (annoys me even more), I told them to get some headphones, and their response was they can do what they like. And it was in first class! Just rude. :jester:

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Why not just curl a big shit out onto her desk to thank her for her gratifying smells at lunch time when you finally leave ? call it a return leaving present if you will.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There's nearly always somebody without fail playing their music loudly on my bus home from work. I have told people loads of times to turn it down.
There was one time I was on a train when there were two chavvy girls playing their music off their phone without headphones (annoys me even more), I told them to get some headphones, and their response was they can do what they like. And it was in first class! Just rude. :jester:

To which there is one riposte - punch them, under the righteous virtue of 'doing what you want'.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Stinking out the office is a great way to talk to birds and that!!

I made myself a lamb biriyani, and took the left overs to work, I chucked it in the microwave and the smell wafted out the staff room and into the offices. Loads of people walked in to ask what it was, and were very surprised when they learned I CHEFFED it myself:)

Stinking out the office is a great way to talk to birds and that!!

I made myself a lamb biriyani, and took the left overs to work, I chucked it in the microwave and the smell wafted out the staff room and into the offices. Loads of people walked in to ask what it was, and were very surprised when they learned I CHEFFED it myself:)

Which is all good when you WANT to get birds and that to notice you, or if you're an attention seeking media whore. It's not so good for the people that just want to go about their business of working, or at least looking like they're working, without having their nostrils ASSAULTED, just because you want to show off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here