Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still think we’re safe?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All the other teams we've played have put in a decent professional effort. Besides, if we beat Newcastle, then we could potentially leapfrog both Palace and Newcastle by beating Burnley. That's an extra £5m in prize money!

Even teams that are struggling badly, such as Everton yesterday, don't want to lose, especially at home. Players are playing for places and possibly new contracts. Teams aiming for European places will be going at it 100 percent. So in theory there are no easy rides. But I'm hoping some Newcastle players think they'll be bombed out when the takeover happens and won't be up for too much of a fight on Monday.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Even teams that are struggling badly, such as Everton yesterday, don't want to lose, especially at home. Players are playing for places and possibly new contracts. Teams aiming for European places will be going at it 100 percent. So in theory there are no easy rides. But I'm hoping some Newcastle players think they'll be bombed out when the takeover happens and won't be up for too much of a fight on Monday.

Some of them? Surely when the fifteen trillion squad investment hits, none of them will stay?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Another point is that, with all games being shown live, there's nowhere for teams or players to hide during a game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Oh right, so you’re just writing off the prospect of Watford beating city and arsenal, us getting battered by four or five by Newcastle and Burnley, And Villa smashing Arsenal and Possibly West Ham, for good measure.
We will see Mr Weststander, we will see.
But don’t come crying to me, on the way to Rotherham.

We're fine. We can crack open the alcohol, sit back and watch the desperation of the 4 clubs below us.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can we be mathematically safe before we kick a ball on Monday night. ?

I don't think we can . Is that true.

I think ...
Closest would be if Bournemouth fail to beat Southampton on Sunday then they can no longer catch us.
So earliest date is Monday at 8pm when we get a point or more v Newcastle or failing that at 10pm after Villa play Arsenal on Tuesday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can we be mathematically safe before we kick a ball on Monday night. ?

I don't think we can . Is that true.

I think ...
Closest would be if Bournemouth fail to beat Southampton on Sunday then they can no longer catch us.
So earliest date is Monday at 8pm when we get a point or more v Newcastle or failing that at 10pm after Villa play Arsenal on Tuesday.

Although if West Ham lose tonight, the best that they could do is go into the final game level on points with us and 3 ahead of Villa. So if Villa were to overtake us they'd need to pummel West Ham by 5-6 to make up the GD on us, but that would result in West Ham's GD taking a hit and they'd probably end up falling behind us as a result. So not mathematical, but about as improbable as you could get.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here