Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still on course...Experimental 361

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Couple of mackem supporting mates have asked me if I'm worried about Newcastle's poor season. They honestly thought that we should be running away with the league, and it was only after I explained just how well Brighton are doing that they understood that Newcastle are doing fine too.

I know a lot of Brighton fans have been burnt before and don't want to jinx it, but as a Newcastle fan, I can objectively say that Brighton are playing like Champions-elect. You'll have a wobble here and there, but you grind out results. Hughton did exactly the same with us in 09/10 and we bullied our way to the title. The only reason people are accusing either side of slipping is that the top two clubs are so close.

Leeds, Reading, Huddersfield are very good Championship sides, Brighton and Newcastle are playing like Premier League sides. Not very good Premier League sides, but top flight sides none-the-less.

Should we continue our PpG you'll get 97pts and we'll get roughly the same. The chasing pack would have to raise their game significantly to catch up.

I'm not saying it's a mortal lock, but I wouldn't be so worried. I'm confident you'll have the joy of away days to Stoke in 17/18, trust me.

You can come again.

Frank Dux

Jul 24, 2003
Reigate
Thought I'd wheel this out again. Despite a hit rate of little over 50% there's been little change in relative position since the New Year. The incorrect forecasts do tend to nullify each other to some extent.

I'd say us and Hudders have the least dodgy set of fixtures and Newcastle's stand out as being particularly tough, but I feel they have the depth to cope. In saying that if that run of 3 aways yields bugger all then it could throw them off track

No doubt the usual criticism so rather than a "Predictor" how about a "What If"? Oh, have tried to be conservative with ours but less so the others, they won't all get into the 80's for sure

View attachment 81970

That looks nice! is there an online game predictor that updates the table does anyone know? I had a quick look yesterday but couldn;t find one. If we can bank the 6 points in the next two home games, lookseven rosier!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That looks nice! is there an online game predictor that updates the table does anyone know? I had a quick look yesterday but couldn;t find one. If we can bank the 6 points in the next two home games, lookseven rosier!

Not found one, knocked this up on Excel, bit of a faff populating the games but fairly simple after that.

Now thinking Hudders could be the biggest threat to 2nd by virtue of an away win at Barnsley ... looking at Barnsley fixtures there's a case to argue they won't get any points from next 5 games, hardly confidence building!

There's also a pretty fair argument for a BHA-Hudd's top 2 :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Reasuringly, we don't. Our record over the past 5 seasons for the final third of the regular season is actually very good.

I'm including being short of goals and stuffing up the play offs as well, if you don't see that as choking after a successful season then..................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here