Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Still Looking For A Target Man?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You say that in jest, but I don't think you appreciate just how shit we are at the moment. :nono:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
You know what, I think we're almost that desperate that he'd be worth a go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, and he'd probably play for £200 a week and a packet of portk scratchings.

So frustratingly just out of our price range then.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
We've had some very bad players at Leeds, but that disinterested lump o lard is up there with the worst of them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He is a useful battering ram. I would jump at the chance of having Ricketts. We do not have a wealth of talent in the form of targetmen.

A contract until the end of the season???

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
could doa job!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Starry said:
We've had some very bad players at Leeds, but that disinterested lump o lard is up there with the worst of them.

When we beat you lot 1-0 at Withdean in the 04/05 season, the Leeds fans who had sneaked into the home end joined in with us as we had a go at him for being so shit.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
What exactly is Ricketts' problem? I know he doesn't appear to give a toss but what's the suspected reason? Dope, booze, gambling, women, pies, loss of religious faith?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Starry said:

Ricketts did well for us when he was on loan here. Dave Jones seemed to get the best out of him. Kevin Blackwell obviously didn't (no surprise there). But I reckon there must be more to this story than initially meets the eye.

The big man came on as a sub for Southend against us a couple of weeks ago. It was his first appearance for them after his injury, and he didn't look in bad shape at all. Now he has been given the boot with two and a half years remaining on his contract.

I bet that's cost Southend a few quid they could ill afford. Intriguing.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Kevin Blackwell obviously didn't (no surprise there).
What do you mean. What Blackwell has done is nothing short of a MIRACLE. Don't you remember him telling everyone that (after virtually every game in fact)?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Ricketts did well for us when he was on loan here. Dave Jones seemed to get the best out of him. Kevin Blackwell obviously didn't (no surprise there). But I reckon there must be more to this story than initially meets the eye.

The big man came on as a sub for Southend against us a couple of weeks ago. It was his first appearance for them after his injury, and he didn't look in bad shape at all. Now he has been given the boot with two and a half years remaining on his contract.

I bet that's cost Southend a few quid they could ill afford. Intriguing.

Not well enough to earn him a move to a better club that Southend though.

Oh well. I am sure he will have fun at Brighton/Woking/Forest Green Rovers or wherever the useless joke of a player ends up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Starry said:

Oh well. I am sure he will have fun at Brighton/Woking/Forest Green Rovers or wherever the useless joke of a player ends up.

not very nice comparing us to them starry

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here