Stewards - Thugs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
Ah ha. Seeing as we are asking for evidence. Do you have any evidence that the majority of people at Withdean wish to stay seated? That is very debateable. Personally, I would much rather stand and I am sure many people would share that view.

Something that is not debateable is that the majority of those missing from Withdean prefer to stand.

Out of interest, why are the away fans allowed to stand? :goingoveroldground:

Away fans are not allowed to stand as far as i am aware. Efforts are always made to get them to sit down. The thing is that the stands are not designed to be stood up in. Away teams are always reported if their fans stand.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I've spent 30 minutes of my life reading this thread and concluded that
1. People on NSC will find reason to argue about anything for any reason if they are bored enough.
2. "Steward 433" is probably the most smug and unpleasant poster I have come across in 5 years on this Board. But I suspect he won't mind that comment as it gives him something to respond to. What he would really dislike is to be ignored.
PG

I disagree, Steward 433 isnt an 'unpleasant poster' at all, he seems a good man - from what i know lol - and i would say he is one of the better posters on this board,, albeit he is a steward and doesn't deserve respect.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I disagree, Steward 433 isnt an 'unpleasant poster' at all, he seems a good man - from what i know lol - and i would say he is one of the better posters on this board,, albeit he is a steward and doesn't deserve respect.

Don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not :lolol:

Please delete smilie as appropriate :bowdown::tosser:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To summarise, if you don't want to get rugby tackled by a steward don't run onto a football pitch.

Ask Monica Seles her views on this!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
2. "Steward 433" is probably the most smug and unpleasant poster I have come across in 5 years on this Board.

Don't you just love sweeping statements that aren't backed up with any proof!:thumbsup:

Ah ha. Seeing as we are asking for evidence. Do you have any evidence that the majority of people at Withdean wish to stay seated? That is very debateable. Personally, I would much rather stand and I am sure many people would share that view.

Something that is not debateable is that the majority of those missing from Withdean prefer to stand.

Out of interest, why are the away fans allowed to stand? :goingoveroldground:

Some people may want to stand/some may want to stay seated, some might like the choice to do either at any time they please.
However, some people may want to wander up to the linesman and tell them in their face, that they got an offside wrong.
The rules exist, they are there for a reason and out of necessity. Stewards are there to help the rules be adhered to, so that a game can go ahead and be enjoyed in the best way, for all concerned. This does mean that fans have to make some compromises for the time being. That is, I might add, with general safety as an aligned concern that BHA staff view as an imperitive

I'm not sure that the majority of missing fans have standing as their first priority.
They may be concerned about the atmosphere or just unaware of the reason why there isn't the same atmosphere as they remembered. That atmosphere though, may well be dulled by having to sit, I can only concur with that. It doesn't change the rules that are imposed on us at Withdean.

Away fans are NOT 'allowed to stand'. They are also asked to remain seated.
Due to the awful view they have to endure, I can quite understand why they might stand more frequently to try to see what is going on. Staff are, in general, quite apologetic about the terrible view and lack of comforts we have to offer them as our guests - but we also have to be realists with our sympathies and tell them it's what we are stuck with for the time being, and that we look forward to offering better facilities and comforts asap, at our next venue.

We also want all our own fans to have more choices, more concessions, more comforts, more atmosphere, and more enjoyment of the entertainment at that venue. Ease of parking and entering the stadium, superior accessibility, scoreboards, roofs, review screens and perhaps monitored action from the game at food stalls, replays in case people missed something. All these ideas and possibilities are, at this moment in time, visions of the future. A future that will reach us sooner, and with less obstacles IF we manage to see out our penitence at modest Withdean Stadium with a bit of patience, good consideration and behavior.

Last edited:

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not :lolol:

Please delete smilie as appropriate :bowdown::tosser:

Its a bit of both, as your not THAT bad lol, but you shouldnt have too many compliments as i dont want inflate your ego as your a steward and should be shot down at every possible chance :D

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Its a bit of both, as your not THAT bad lol, but you shouldnt have too many compliments as i dont want inflate your ego as your a steward and should be shot down at every possible chance :D

Thanks my ego is just fine

Bit used to getting shot down on here though:bla::bla::bla:

God wish i was back stewarding the family stand now even with them hooters :rant:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Thanks my ego is just fine

Bit used to getting shot down on here though:bla::bla::bla:

God wish i was back stewarding the family stand now even with them hooters :rant:

Getting a season ticket in H block for next season, all I need now is a HOOTER!:lolol::lolol::lolol:

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Don't you just love sweeping statements that aren't backed up with any proof!:thumbsup:

I think the last 18 pages are evidence enough.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would like to step in and back Steward 433. I think he is a great poster and decent bloke and has been very reasonable on these pages. I still believe after 4 days the Steward Saturday was a complete cock and thug and is a loose cannon. If allowed to behave like that he will cause a problem next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports