Stewards - Thugs

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I haven't read the last 7 pages of this thread as I am feeling a bit sleepy after a hard days work. The stewards have a job to do , which most of them do to the best of their ability. As in all walks of life you always get the jumped up prat who is over zealous in what they do. As a response steward, you need someone who can deal with situations but being cocky about what he did gives the impression that all stewards are power hungry/obese wankers in a fluorescent jacket. Working in Retail , the way security officers deal with shoplifters is similar to how stewards control individuals. You try and assess the situation and how you conduct yourself can often mean just leading a shoplifter to the holding room and waiting for the police to arrive. Minimal problem and you dont antagonise others. The professional shoplifters and druggies/alkies are a different kettle of fish so reasonable force has to be used to restrain them , up to the point of them being slammed to the floor and kept there with their hand behind their back and a knee pinning it until the police van comes, as they have a knife or hypodermic on them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So why did response stewards closer to the incident judge the two stewards who were delaing with the lad as doing a perfectly acceptable job and not intervene themselves. The reality of the situation is a response steward saw an opportunity to use a technique he has learnt and impress his peers with an unnecessary restraint. How can anyone justify him steaming in on a situation which was already under control when response stewards closer felt the situation was perfectly acceptable. Common assault without a shadow of a doubt.

Correct............. thank f*** he didn`t have a tazer.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
433, my comments were never levelled at stewards at Withdean in general, just this particular steward's actions in one incident. I certianly appreciate the fantastic work you do in difficult circumstances. Anyway i doubt we will ever agree on steward's restraining fans so i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Like i said i personally didn't see it so i can't comment, IF however undue force was used then yes it was out of order.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
OK Drama queen, tazer give it a rest

I can just see it now.

''Please get back over the hoardings. We are Special Service Stewards, trained in the use of tazers and unless you back up and stop calling the referee`s assistant a blind, incompetant cuunt, we will have no alternative than to zapp you motherfuckers''

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I can just see it now.

''Please get back over the hoardings. We are Special Service Stewards, trained in the use of tazers and unless you back up and stop calling the referee`s assistant a blind, incompetant cuunt, we will have no alternative than to zapp you motherfuckers''

That is quite probably the best post EVER on NSC :lolol:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
I can just see it now.

:clap2::clap2:

This is the future of stewarding.

Every fan has to be monitored closely, and not PUSH their LUCK

Attachments

• TANK.jpg
    TANK.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 164

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
You forget the new Steward Air Division being introduced next season to 'encourage' H Block to sit down.

Attachments

• b-2-spirit2.jpg
    b-2-spirit2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 162

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lets not re invent what ACTUALLY hapened as people DO NOT SEEM TO BE LISTENING. Tom has repeated time and time again and I will say it again, one more time, the sappy kid was already restrained and being led off the pitch very successfully by a couple of responsible stewards when Claude Van Damme charges up and grabs the lad and frog marches him off whilst roughing him up and trying his best to bust his arm by bending and twisting it behind his back in a gratuitous manner. When he had handed him over to the Police he strode back chest puffed out and high fived a fellow steward. The stands did not like it and at least a dozen fans charged to the front giving the steward severe abuse and finger pointing. The steward could have caused and did to a cetain extent cause a serious breach of the peace. This was all totally unnecssary and people who say he was just doing his job could not have been there or seen the incident. This steward was a total cock and should be taken off the services of BHAFC immediately. Lets not dress it up to be any other than what it was. Common assault.

I've not read the rest of this thread, but is the lad in question taking any action against the steward? It's not like there weren't any witnesses, nor (probably) footage of it caught on camera...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I witnessed the whole incident from Block H. Although the lad was a prize-prat for his one man pitch invasion, I thought the Response Steward in question used an inappropriate arm lock given the circumstances. I don't know if he was derived some sadistic pleasure in his method of restraint - only he knows that - but I think somebody needs to 'have a word'. The ensuing high-fives nonsense was also totally uncalled for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports