Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards at the end of the game

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Most complaints about stewards on here are from people breaking the rules. There are rear exits from most stands.

I had a ding dong with a steward before the game. I parked about 5min walk from Withdean and as i left he shouted "Your f***ing van won't be there when you come back"
So i went upto him and asked him on what right he had to have it removed. So he said read the signs that say no parking, to which i asked him to show me one where i was parked that said i couldn't. So he then said he supervisor gave him the right to have the vehicle removed. I pointed out it wasn't illegally parked and had road tax on it so if it wasn't there when i came back i'd sue. He then told me he'd follow me to the ground, so i told him to feel free.
After a chat to his supervior the steward then found himself out of job.

Now before anyone says i shouldn't be parking near the ground etc. The supervisor started our chat by telling me he could stop me entering the ground which i wasn't aware of, but finished our chat by telling me to park in a different place next time.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I had a ding dong with a steward before the game. I parked about 5min walk from Withdean and as i left he shouted "Your f***ing van won't be there when you come back"
So i went upto him and asked him on what right he had to have it removed. So he said read the signs that say no parking, to which i asked him to show me one where i was parked that said i couldn't. So he then said he supervisor gave him the right to have the vehicle removed. I pointed out it wasn't illegally parked and had road tax on it so if it wasn't there when i came back i'd sue. He then told me he'd follow me to the ground, so i told him to feel free.

Now before anyone says i shouldn't be parking near the ground etc. The supervisor started our chat by telling me he could stop me entering the ground which i wasn't aware of, but finished our chat by telling me to park in a different place next time.

Steward = wrong way

Supervisor = right way

They seem to forget that first and foremost they are there, basically, a customer service representatives of the club. They are to help and to advise and should only intervene, but should never be the aggressor.

But, if you stand on the running track and they tell you to move on, tough titty's!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
yes me and a few of my friends got told to move on and go out as we were standing at the front , dont see what the problem is , we are not in anybodys view and doing nothing wrong?

Technically incorrect, You are as you are standing and watching the match in an all seater stadium, They are the rules, brought in following the Hillsborough disaster, and football clubs have to abide by the law on this, its not something the stewards have decided to do themselves just to upset a few Brighton fans.

If people want to be able to stand at matches, (I do for 1), complaining about the stewards isn't the way. Campaign for the (limited) return of terraces at football grounds, similar to the safe standing areas found in countries like Germany, write to you MP for get involved in campaigns to see a return of standing to part of the grounds in this country.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

I see, so it's the stewards fault that you're a lazy bastard?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Are you aware that you're not allowed to stand on the running track to watch the game?

If yes, why are you getting all wound up about a steward doing their job?

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I was standing under the clock waiting for the rest of my family with about 10 mins to go after going to the loo.

I witnessed the stewards telling people to move on and not stand and watch the game.

After watching him tell 2 kids aged around 10 to move on and leave the game after they didn’t move cos they had been told to stay there be there dad. The steward walked through ad boards pretty much forced them to leave, after he had finished abusing his power on two 10 year olds he then went after a elderly man telling him to move on but he was still moving just not very fast.

did anyone else witness this, I think it was an absolute disgrace i just wish i had got his name.
:mad:

why did you not stand up for the kids and explain to the steward that their old man told them to stay there? you're just as bad coming on here moaning about it without actually doing anything. Thats like watching someone get beaten up then afterwards going over and saying to the beaten up man "I would've kicked their arses for you" but you stood and watched......YOU are the problem with society!

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham

So the steward got the sack there and then did he ? I smell porky pies !

Bert365

May 7, 2006
why did you not stand up for the kids and explain to the steward that their old man told them to stay there? you're just as bad coming on here moaning about it without actually doing anything. Thats like watching someone get beaten up then afterwards going over and saying to the beaten up man "I would've kicked their arses for you" but you stood and watched......YOU are the problem with society!

i did nearly getting kicked out i did write that earlier

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
If people want to be able to stand at matches, (I do for 1), complaining about the stewards isn't the way. Campaign for the (limited) return of terraces at football grounds, similar to the safe standing areas found in countries like Germany, write to you MP for get involved in campaigns to see a return of standing to part of the grounds in this country.

Watching The Championship, I think I've seen some Div 2 grounds where there are standing terraces. Anyone else noticed that ??

I guess for safety reasons, the capacity for these areas will be small.

chalkmycue

Feb 17, 2009
I saw one of the female?? stewards the one who has been refered to as Fiona out of shrek!! ah yeah you all know who i mean now dont you:)

She is often placed in front of the dug out area and consequently needs to be able to react quickly to any trouble etc she was wearing high heels?? considering how petty the stewards are how the F**k can you be allowed to wear them?

I find a lot of the stewards really friendly and helpful, but as people have said above it's just one or two that give them all a bad name.

Add to this, the things that "give stewards a bad name" are usually enforcing the rules they are put there for.
I'm not saying that all stewards are classy, top notch, on their best, polite and etc, but 99% of the time they are indeed underlining the actual rules and regulations that are put in place for all customer's safety and comfort, and so that the soccerball game goes unhindered.

Another thing - because some rules and regs had not been enforced at one point or another, does NOT mean that they are totally dropped from the agenda for all time.
I have had customers proclaim that because they got away with something, they feel entitled to carry right on with it for time immemorial :nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a stupid thing to say. Everyone who pays road tax can park wherever the hell they want unless it clearly says you can't, so why shouldn't Happy Seagull park right next to the stadium if he so wishes? When you go to the supermarket you park right outside it, you don't park fifteen minutes away. When you go to the cinema you park at it, not half a dozen streets away. Why should a football ground be any different?

What a stupid thing to say. What would happen if we all parked in the streets around the stadium?

What a stupid thing to say. Everyone who pays road tax can park wherever the hell they want unless it clearly says you can't, so why shouldn't Happy Seagull park right next to the stadium if he so wishes? When you go to the supermarket you park right outside it, you don't park fifteen minutes away. When you go to the cinema you park at it, not half a dozen streets away. Why should a football ground be any different?

Don't be ridiculous! Withdean has been loaned to us this long ONLY because The Albion have provided several assurances and diplomatic services in the area. NOT crowding the immediate area with parked cars is a big one, so signs are placed and help with directing people to and from the stadium by outside stewards is essential.

You just reveal yourself with stuff like that, but thanks for providing the ridiculous example to the other, mostly very sensible Albion supporters. Good job well done :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here