Stevie G

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If he were ever to play at the Amex I might applaud him when he was warming up on the touch line. Great English player.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What a player, absolutely magnificent performance tonight.

He's taken a lot of unfair stick over the years for his England performances considering he has usually been played out of position but he was outstanding tonight. Captain marvel.

Absolutely agree... world class.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
He's been England's best player so far - disciplined and reassuring in the middle of the park.

The ball he put through for Rooney in the second-half (where Shrek miscontrolled it) was outstanding.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Gerrard was outstanding. Special mentions also for Lescott, Johnson and the much maligned Milner who was excellent while on too I thought.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Gerrard was maybe the only player to return with any credit from the last World Cup and is maybe one of the tournaments best midfielders this Euro's too.

So he should be considered a truly world class performer.

Commendable though it is, I wonder if there will be some regret that he never left Liverpool to really become that world renowned superstar that he might of if he did.

He is a God on Merseyside and his career has been fantastic, but I just wonder ....

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Amazed to read in today's argus they gave mom to John Terry. I really sometimes wonder if I've just a watch a different game! I understand these are subjective but f***ing hell, surely theres hardly been an easier man of the match to pick?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Amazed to read in today's argus they gave mom to John Terry. I really sometimes wonder if I've just a watch a different game! I understand these are subjective but f***ing hell, surely theres hardly been an easier man of the match to pick?

To be fair, even though he is a massive prick I thought Terry had a tremendous game.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I would say, not Gerrards marrauding best that he's shown for Liverpool over the years (those days are probably behind him), but one of his best England performances without doubt. I thought Lescott was v.good as well.

V.surprised if people gave Terry MoM, apart form the goalline clearance (a much as I dislike him, that was terrific), I remember very little else about his performance.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Terry made a couple of outstanding moves, in the first half he got a touch on a cross full stretch straight back to Joe Hart, a couple of key tackles as well. Very good defensive display.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I dislike Terry as much as the next man but he did play well last night.

Gerrard was MOM for me though

Bit harsh some of the comments on Lampard, very true that Gerrard playing without him is better but I don't think Lampard would have made the starting 11 in front of Parker and I would rather have him on the bench than Henderson

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
V.surprised if people gave Terry MoM, apart form the goalline clearance (a much as I dislike him, that was terrific), I remember very little else about his performance.

That's because he defended so well he didnt have to make any last ditch heroics. it was calm, assured, terrific defending.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Gerrard was the difference no doubt.

There is reason for optimism in my book, as I actually thought much of the team were poor. Parker, Milner, Young, Cole, Rooney and Terry all had poor games. Young and Milner offered very little out wide, and Young was a liability as defensive cover. Terry was all over the place, his hooked clearance was only made because he was so far out of position he nearly cost us a goal. I also thought Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson panicked when they got the ball in tight spots, our overall ball retention, as Roy commented after was not good enough. The goal will help Rooney, but had he been on form, he could of really hurt Ukraine, which again is a positive in a way.

That said, most teams seemed to have a bad 3rd game, and surely many of those players will have a better game Sunday. Gerrard without a doubt kept that team together last night, and it was a match winning captains performance. Very excited about Sunday, and hoping we got our bad performance out of the way!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Gerrard was maybe the only player to return with any credit from the last World Cup and is maybe one of the tournaments best midfielders this Euro's too.

So he should be considered a truly world class performer.

Commendable though it is, I wonder if there will be some regret that he never left Liverpool to really become that world renowned superstar that he might of if he did.

He is a God on Merseyside and his career has been fantastic, but I just wonder ....

If the rumour that some loveable scouse gangsters were threatening to kneecap him if he didn't stay is true I'm guessing he's happy to be able to walk.
Don't know if it was the same gangster as rumoured in the chant: "who's that coming over your wife? Is it a gangster? Is it a gangster?"

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Gerrard and Lescott were our top performers by some way

However even I am prepared to admit Johnson had a decent game last night.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports