Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The commentators are desperate to give him the benefit of the doubt, "definite contact" says Joe unfeasibly large head Royle, but truth is, Gerrard lashed out at Brown there. Whether it was actually the elbow, or more the forearm, I'm not sure but either way it was disgraceful.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't see how they can avoid banning him for 3 games anyway. There is no way they could claim the referee saw it or he would have definitely gone. But a bit like his dreadful habit of diving, the media try to pretend he doesn't do anything wrong. Well he does. He dives, he cheats, and that was a shocker.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Police have arrested 3 of the 4 well known Scouse Islamic Terrorists: Bin Snortin, Bin Dealin and Bin Thievin. There was no sign of the fourth Bin Workin.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
I don't see how they can avoid banning him for 3 games anyway. There is no way they could claim the referee saw it or he would have definitely gone. But a bit like his dreadful habit of diving, the media try to pretend he doesn't do anything wrong. Well he does. He dives, he cheats, and that was a shocker.

And if he was an Albion player you would love him & he wouldn't do anything wrong in your eyes!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
And if he was an Albion player you would love him & he wouldn't do anything wrong in your eyes!

Would I? If a Brighton player dives, it gets on my tits, and if a Brighton was to run around throwing elbows and forearms, I'd get pretty sick of them fairly quickly.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
if gerrard isn't running over kids or starting fights in bars its elbowing a professional sportsman. what a role model

In the A League a 'Match Review Panel' was introduced to, amongst other things review "incidents that escapred the referees attention".

Basically, if no card was issued at the time, the Match Review Panel can retrospectively apply punishment. This is usually iether incidents like the Steven Gerrard elbow or a dive or some such.

As a fan of a team that has had players suspended by a group of people watching the game on video it sometimes hurts, but i also think there is some merit in it.

These are the full details; Page 6 of this document
http://www.a-league.com.au/site/_content/document/00000871-source.pdf

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Gerrard is without doubt the biggest cheat in the Premiership. When he doesnt get decisions his way or Liverpool are losing he Dives, lashes out and hacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here