Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie Coppell, why the delay?

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
The longer this thing goes on, the more i get the feeling that Coppell intends to stay, but is trying to screw more money for the team and playing side (scouts etc.) out of Dick Knight! Well let's hope it works!!!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
put the bottle down and have a strong coffee.:nono:

FatboyTim

Jul 14, 2003
the moon
Nice to see a positive thread on here at last.
He's not gone yet, and it's not his fault no-one is telling us what's going on. Nobody wants to make the same mistake as West Ham. Having said that, if SC doesn't go to Reading then they will have made the same mistake as West Ham..........???

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i agree, its all taking so long and with the number of interviews tony adams has had for the reading job, lookin good for coppell 2 stay! :clap:

Wez

Aug 18, 2003
Worthing
I think he is ganna stay, i got a feeling Tony Adams will get the job.

sherriffbart

Sep 24, 2003
NO

GO COPPELL, you are a disgrace and we dont want you!!!
You have made us a laughing stock of the league and we dislike you for that.

Wanted....someone who loves the club as much as us and who doesn't want to use it as a stepping stone until the next job comes alosng

All together now

P.A.L. A.C.E, Stevie Coppell's got VD
with a nik nak paddiwhack give a dog a bone
Stevie Coppell f*** off To reading ( sorry it doesn't rhyme, but the sentiment is there)

Wez

Aug 18, 2003
Worthing
If he does stay he will do a very good job, so enough of this anti palace stuff!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
becasue Reading haven't anyone to announce I'm annoyed that its still Coppell in the frame though, why can't they just admit they haven't got him and move on, at least well feel better

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Bugger almost forgot those stats should take into account most of the 90's being asset stripped and having to play 90 miles away in a tin shed in Chatham. What a wan*ker i am!!!

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
On SSN they are saying personal terms are being dealt with today I keep hoping they will say talks have broken down and he is staying!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What's he done wrong?

He is keeping two clubs in limbo at the moment-which isn't good for either set of fans and more especially US.

It's a bit like having an affair and the 'other woman' wants to know where she stands. "Are you going to leave her for me like you keep promising to do?" After enough time the feeling is "If you're leaving her then just frigging well do it and do it quickly. If you're staying tell me but don't keep me hanging on because I've got a life to get on with too and so has the other person."

Coppout clearly doesn't care about the impact all this is having on Albion fans and my respect for him is lower than I ever imagined.

Just frigging well get on with it man.

All of this shit going on and I get 2 Jehovah Witnesses at my door asking me if I believed in God? It was all I could do to stop myself twatting the pair of them.....

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
The delay is that Reading have said to SC do not go into work for a few days and then we will sack him and Reading will not then have to pay us compensation which will then go to SC in extra wages.

mk_bha

Jul 14, 2003
Knight is a bit weak - i reckon Coppell will put n his expenses:

£30 calls to Reading
£80 Petrol to and from Reading
£250 Hotel in Reading

and we, my friends are paying for this lot.

:censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here