Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steven Alzate signed from Leyton Orient

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He was the best player on the pitch yesterday. Everything good seemed to go through him in the first half. Really promising performance.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Will be good to see if he can produce the same against Birmingham etc, he seems to be one of those players who creates time on the ball and makes it look easy. If he can do the same against the above or Valencia then we’ve got a player on our hands.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Will be good to see if he can produce the same against Birmingham etc, he seems to be one of those players who creates time on the ball and makes it look easy. If he can do the same against the above or Valencia then we’ve got a player on our hands.

I’ve seen a fair bit of Alzate and he has every attribute to make it at the highest level. It’s the speed of thought and composure on the ball that standout but he can tackle and press as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve seen a fair bit of Alzate and he has every attribute to make it at the highest level. It’s the speed of thought and composure on the ball that standout but he can tackle and press as well.

I can't wait to boo him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Reminds me a lot of Grealish, but with more defensive nous. Doesn't necessarily get masses of goals and assists, but is a brilliant ball carrier, can beat his man and has that 'x factor' about him that means he can be integral to out attacking play. He's also a player that fans are gonna want to see, a bit of a maverick who'll get them off their seats. Looks like we have another gem here

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Great that he is fit, playing and impressing. I think a career move similar to Ben White seems in order. A full season at a decent Championship club, then back to the mothership to compete for a place

Feb 23, 2013
First saw him live in an U-23 semi-final playoff game. He ran the show along with a small left-back called Cox and an Irish midfielder they've just released (ends in iou, Mandriou maybe?). People were banging on about Gyokeres, Connolly Sanders (capt) and Mateju. But the two I mentioned were head and shoulders above all the rest. The opposition (Middlesbrough?) had a great little ginger winger also but I can't remember his name. Mateju was just big but played awful as a right-back, glad he's gone.

I wish people would get out and see these players live before jumping on the bandwagon and repeating what they read on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here