Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Sidwell signed

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
Solid signing; not at all exciting but in taking some pressure off Stephens and Kayal to play and perform in every match it could well be a shrewd piece of business (if it happens). Plus if there's ever the need to go 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, Stephens, Kayal and Sidwell in the middle looks a very good option.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
So you know for certain towell wont make the step up. Always good to give people a chance eh

Of course I don't - but if I've got the option of taking Sidwell on loan who is a proven top end of the championship CM why wouldn't we? I'd rather not gamble our best chance of promotion for a long time on a guy who's never played a decent standard of football.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Of course I don't - but if I've got the option of taking Sidwell on loan who is a proven top end of the championship CM why wouldn't we? I'd rather not gamble our best chance of promotion for a long time on a guy who's never played a decent standard of football.

Definitely. I think he would be a great signing to ease the pressure on the current.2

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I saw Steve Sidwell & Glenn Johnson on the tube before Christmas and asked Sidwell if he fancied coming back to us ! I'm taking responsibility for this deal.

Also saw him at Ascot last summer absolutely trollied and seeded the idea initially then. Though he was out with the Reading squad

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is currently enjoying leg of lamb in a rosemary crust in the boardroom at the Amex. Source, my eyes.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In theory a decent signing. We need quality cover for Kayal and Stephens. It would be a massive gamble to go the second half of the season hoping that they can both play every game and too a high standard.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Just so I'm clear , when the thread says 'Sidwell has signed' , he hasn't actually signed?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Naylor tweet sort of confirms it...

BREAKING NEWS: Confirmed from an impeccable source Albion fighting with Fulham to sign Sidwell. Fact he's here suggests they've won! #bhafc

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Out of the loop a little with Sidwell but what would be the plan do you think, cover or rotation player for centre pair?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here