Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Evans to be named new Rotherham boss!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I,ve always felt sorry for Rotherham fans. Have you been there ?

I went to one away game there. Decrepit stadium right next door to a scrapyard. In fact the whole town is decrepit. And it's only spitting distance from Rotherham to Sheffield and Barnsley isn't far away. No idea how these clubs expect to get any decent support when they're all so close together.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Unbelievably bad decision. Probably the worst I've ever seen in football. Tony Stewart has completely lost the plot here. The whole thing stinks - Steve Evans's notes in the programme when Crawley played t'Millers were basically a love letter to the board at Rotherham and the way the club was run. Must be the first time a manager has pitched for another job in their own club's programme.

None of the RUFC Trust - who supposedly have a place on the RUFC board - were consulted. Was talking to one of their members who saw the news for the first time on SSN in the pub earlier! A lot of people who were planning to buy season tickets for the new stadium now won't. Considering the list of managers who were out of work as well...to get the most unpopular one in football and have to pay up his contract is a joke. Should have given it to Mark Robins but Stewart says he won't work with him again, even Megson would have done. And Evans will probably bring back Pablo Mills. And it's raining.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Crawley absolutely mugged Barnet today with a very fortunate 2-1 win. Michel Kuipers pulled off some incredible saves but was at fault for the opener. Apart from a ten minute spell in the second half, Crawley looked a team shell-shocked with the departure of Steve Evans although their fans are delighted that he's finally gone but they'll have to improve otherwise it'll be the play-offs for them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the subject of Rotherham's new stadium (not bad looking for a little ground), their sponsorship deals mean that supporters will be sitting in the

Eric Twigg Foods & Pukka Pies West Stand
:lolol:

Thank god we didn't go down that route.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Evans always comes across as a bit of a twat, with a very high opinion of himself.

And why would you leave Crawley for a team 14 points behind you in the league. Not even a SIDEWAYS move.

I think that is pretty obvious as soon as he left they brought in Coppell as director of football. Were the negotiations carried out and a board room decision made within 24 hours of Evans leaving or were there plans a foot before he left that he didn't agree with. I know which view I would take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here