Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook or Tommy Elphick

cocamalia

Jan 1, 2011
IMO Steve Cook will come to bite us back. I can see him develop his career very nicely at Bournemouth and end up eventually playing for a club of stature (again), and command a large transfer fee.

To those who say we have done well to potentially scoop 300k, I would ask them to think about how much it costs to run a youth team each year. How much has it cost to develop this talent, and all who his peers who have not made the grade I wonder? A few quid (relatively) and a couple of games.

Real talent - sad to think, but quite certain he will line up against Albion many times in years to come.

But yet we are left with Tommy Elphick - how much is the insurance premium/costs on his injury, and please tell me how much he has worth - a table tennis ball would deflect off his shin if taking more than a couple of touches.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How much has it cost to develop this talent, and all who his peers who have not made the grade I wonder? A few quid (relatively) and a couple of games.

But yet we are left with Tommy Elphick - how much is the insurance premium/costs on his injury, and please tell me how much he has worth - a table tennis ball would deflect off his shin if taking more than a couple of touches.

what?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Granted, he has had some good games for us (2 and a bit, I think), but some people seem to be whipping up a frenzy.

The management are prone to the odd mistake, but I really don't see all the fuss about letting him go for first team football. Who is to say that his potential would not be stunted as he is behind some seasoned pros and a decent youth player with more CB waiting in the wings. He may go on to have a very good career because he makes the right move.

He wants games, we can't promise him that, so he wants to move. Good for all parties, perhaps?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
pointless arguing really when people who possibly had never heard of him before this week and those stalwarts who have seen him play two or possibly three games in three years (extremely unlikely verging on the impossible to have been more) are united in calling the manager and coaching staff idiots for not seeing what they see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Steve Cook is in exactly the same position as Tommy Elphick was at the same age, a great prospect that our fans said would be worth a fortune in the future. Even prior to his injury what was his positon and status, so nothing can be taken for granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here