Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephens

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I'm hoping the transfer window closes with Dale Stephens still in our side.
If that is the case how much would it cost us to match any other clubs fee in July?
Also how much would we (the fans) want the club to pay out to keep him?

If the dream happens it would be horrible to see him in another shirt after being so integral in getting there. He's comfortably good enough for the PL in his role, people need to forget August just like they did with Dunk and get behind him. IF we get there, would be a key first signing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Little snippet in the paper. The Ginger man still wants him and is looking to offer 2.5m before the end of the window

I'm glad Arsenal just got a soft pen winner if there's any truth in that whatsoever. Dyche can seriously **** off :thumbsup:

If we go up we're a much better prospect than Burnley in a much nicer town/city with much better facilities. Makes me wonder if there is any truth in the 'Stephens wants to move back up north' rumours...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looked to me like the whole thing was caused by a late swipe of the leg by Flether - a late tackle type thing. You can just see it off the ball.

As for what the OP said - I really don't remember us doing anything of the sort with Barton - does anybody else remember this? In fact are clubs even allowed to do this? It's up to the FA isn't it?

Checked the incident out.

Fletcher takes a swing at an imaginary ball on the half volley, after the actual ball had departed some time before. This catches Stephens which is why he reacts and shoves Fletcher as he rises.

There's no 'punch' and the correct decision was made re. sending off, though Dale should probably have been booked.

Glad you saw it too - nobody else seems to have noticed :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like we'll be going through all the Burnley shennanigans again for the rest of the window, with more derisory bids.

So, let's see if Stephens is in the team v Cardiff.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Stephens has been outstanding for two seasons and is vital for our run in. No way will Bloom let him go for less than a sum high enough to buy a proven PL goal scorer.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Looks like we'll be going through all the Burnley shennanigans again for the rest of the window, with more derisory bids.

So, let's see if Stephens is in the team v Cardiff.

Unlikely, but even if it does at least we won't be as affected as last time on the pitch.

In Aug/Sep we were without him for Reading, Newcastle and Brentford which netted us 1 point. This time it can only potentially affect the Cardiff game and that's if CH feels his head is not 'right'.

Just not going to happen though is it, even if Dale himself wants the move again (which I doubt) he must understand the club held out at the start of the season so TB is hardly going to buckle now for the sake of a couple of mil. Also, isn't it getting to the stage, one week before the window closes, that he's almost priceless?

He himself is quoted as saying he's honouring the contract both verbally and in writing. He strikes me as a man of his word, considering he had no word to break last time round. It would be nice at this point if he were to actually come forward and state as such, rather than all of us have to suffer through the uncertainty all over again for one of the key players in the promotion push.

Knowing how Burnley operate and that ginger ****, it wouldn't surprise me if they lay the pressure on, stating 'this is your last chance, we won't need you in the summer as we will have signed someone else' etc..

Last edited:

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
If Burnley want him to be the main stay of their midfield and build a team around him they should offer above 5 million then loan him back to us for the rest of the season.If they feel they need him to avoid relegation then Dale should think long and hard,(a few months battling for draws and having to go to work with the likes of Barton rather than the class players of BHA)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't we make an appeal for action against Barton last season when he stamped on kayal?
Don't think so. My only criticism of Chris was that he didn't criticise the refs even when they cost us dearly.

Wednesday will do the same for Stephens I'm sure who could be in trouble.
Fletcher kicked Stephens' legs after the whistle, the he aggressively got up towards Dale, and Dale protected himself by holding his arm out. It was more Fletcher to arm than vice versa.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be nice at this point if he were to actually come forward and state as such, rather than all of us have to suffer through the uncertainty all over again for one of the key players in the promotion push.
I'm surprised you are suffering, I'm not concerned about him leaving at all, as I don't see why Bloom would accept a bid, I don't see why Dale would expect him to. In August keeping Dale was a gamble, as we didn't know if we'd be good enough for top two. Now it's the opposite, selling him would be a huge and pointless gamble. Dale understandably wants PL football, but he's basically guaranteed that next season now anyway, and staying gives him a good chance of a promotion medal and huge signing on fee.

Knowing how Burnley operate and that ginger ****, it wouldn't surprise me if they lay the pressure on, stating 'this is your last chance, we won't need you in the summer as we will have signed someone else' etc..
I don't think he'd believe that and if they don't want him in the summer, we still will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here