Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Don’t just don’t! I am trying not to get excited about incomings. Thank you!

I know, but it does 'feel' like there has to be some players incoming, as we've let a few go recently without adding anybody.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Sky just amended their comment to say a bid is in:

BURNLEY MOVE FOR STEPHENS

Burnley have made an offer for Brighton midfielder Dale Stephens.

Stephens has been a player of interest for Sean Dyche for some time.

Four years ago, the Clarets made six bids for him and the player handed in a transfer request but the move never happened.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The move would seem to make sense for Dale if he wants to be first choice and I think he'd improve Burnley following the loss of Hendrick. He's been absolutely key to our success over the last few years. He may not be ideally suited to playing the way Potter wants to, but alongside Kayal he was magnificent and alongside Propper he has allowed us to consistently punch above our weight, often being up against some of the world's best midfielders. He got a lot of stick because he was always the man that the rest of the team looked for to keep things ticking. When things weren't going our way this sometimes made him look like the problem. He wasn't. Under CH we were always much better with Dale than without him. It was his return from injury and CM partnership with Kayal that made me start believing that Chris Hughton had something special going.

It was never a sending off against 'Boro. If you're off Dale, know that you go with our huge thanks and best wishes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Move over [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] and [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION], we have a new ITK source who is producing unlike you two losers (yesterday’s men) :wink:

The Argus have just picked this up, so it is a genuine ITK post

:bowdown:

Maybe I’ll divulge some other news soon as well

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Don’t just don’t! I am trying not to get excited about incomings. Thank you!

Well we have been keeping our powder dry since the start of the window? I reckon there are a few things in the offing?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The move would seem to make sense for Dale if he wants to be first choice and I think he'd improve Burnley following the loss of Hendrick. He's been absolutely key to our success over the last few years. He may not be ideally suited to playing the way Potter wants to, but alongside Kayal he was magnificent and alongside Propper he has allowed us to consistently punch above our weight, often being up against some of the world's best midfielders. He got a lot of stick because he was always the man that the rest of the team looked for to keep things ticking. When things weren't going our way this sometimes made him look like the problem. He wasn't. Under CH we were always much better with Dale than without him. It was his return from injury and CM partnership with Kayal that made me start believing that Chris Hughton had something special going.

It was never a sending off against 'Boro. If you're off Dale, know that you go with our huge thanks and best wishes.

To be honest Dale Stephens has always been one tackle away from a red card, but he's a cracking player especially if you need to take the sting out of the opposition? Bossed the midfield in the last game of last season away to Burnley.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
They finally get him if this is the case.. Shame as he did well Thurs but think the squad needs trimming a bit and Molumby has prob done enough to impress.
Yes he had a good game Thursday, but against mediocre League 1 opposition. His passes have gone astray too often in the Premier League for my liking . I’m not sure we would have put in the same performance yesterday with Dale in the starting lineup.
I do wish him all the best as he has been a good servant to the Albion

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Stevens: Highly rated by other players, identified as the most important player in the Brighton team by Inigo Calderon and started regularly by two excellent managers. Also, desired by Dyche for six years.

Declared 'not good enough for PL' by a smattering of keyboard warriors.

Who do we think might be right?

Good luck Dale.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Stevens: Highly rated by other players, identified as the most important player in the Brighton team by Inigo Calderon and started regularly by two excellent managers. Also, desired by Dyche for six years.

Declared 'not good enough for PL' by a smattering of keyboard warriors.

Who do we think might be right?

Good luck Dale.

When Calderon was here Dale was one of our best players. His form has dropped and he is too slow in many peoples opinion, that doesn't mean we don't appreciate what he has done in the past. How having a differing opinion of a player to you makes somebody a 'keyboard warrior' I don't know, when even Potter doesn't see him as a first choice midfielder. The fact you mention Calderon's opinion leads me to believe that you are either judging him on seasons past, at Championship level or letting sentimentality cloud your judgement. Another HUGE fan of Stephens that still doesn't even know how to spell his name.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I highly doubt it's that low. That would be around the same that we paid for him when he was a Championship player

You wont get much more for a 31 year old player with nine months left on the contract, during a pandemic heavily affecting the transfer market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here