Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I am currently 200yds from the Wolves training ground, I'll pop over tomorrow and see if he is out training.

How long does it take you to walk 200 yards? Run over and have a look now, you will be back in a couple of minutes.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Would go along with most of this, especially the formation at Lewes. It was noticeable that the full backs were far more advanced and hugged the touchline, with the wide forwards tucked in and at least one, often two, central midfielders much closer to the centre backs.

I noticed and hope we keep our nerve against the bigger teams without lapsing into Brazilian suicidal stuff. Main thing I took from Lewes game was that Toko had a bit of pace, something we've sorely lacked in central areas in recent years

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I noticed and hope we keep our nerve against the bigger teams without lapsing into Brazilian suicidal stuff. Main thing I took from Lewes game was that Toko had a bit of pace, something we've sorely lacked in central areas in recent years

Agree that Toko had a bit of snap about him, in that he looks as though he moves swiftly over very short distances. Although Bridcutt was like that too, or is that my memory playing up?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Moving the forwards inside should stop the loan striker being isolated.
We also have the option of Ince at Centre back should we have sufficient numbers in midfield.
I would rather have him on the pitch at CB than on the bench.

We are getting a striker in on loan? Who?

(Yes, I'm being facetious. I assume you meant lone striker).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I am currently 200yds from the Wolves training ground, I'll pop over tomorrow and see if he is out training.

He might be training but local paper (see earlier in thread) has reported that he's going to miss Wolves PreSeason Ireland trip as he's er going to leave club for Brighton. Probably.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
He might be training but local paper (see earlier in thread) has reported that he's going to miss Wolves PreSeason Ireland trip as he's er going to leave club for Brighton. Probably.

He wasn't training today, his car hasn't been at his house since last week.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports