Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If you were about to land this fish, wouldn't you insist that Wolves wrap him up in cotton wool?
If you were about to sell the fish, wouldn't you wrap up the valuable merchandise yourself?

Doesn't sound imminent, or even helpful.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If you were about to land this fish, wouldn't you insist that Wolves wrap him up in cotton wool?
If you were about to sell the fish, wouldn't you wrap up the valuable merchandise yourself?

Doesn't sound imminent, or even helpful.

Doesn't sound helpful at all. Or hopeful. Maybe we've moved on.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
i hope riise is a preferred choice

Was not popular with Fulham fans last season. Don't fall for the hype just because he's a well known name.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
i hope riise is a preferred choice

I don't. We already have an ageing defence. Adding a 33 year old Riise to it would not be a good idea.

Ward's been playing in their 2nd team in pre season so far. I'm hoping he's only in the first team because of injuries/them resting players. However, it does mean we're not close at the moment presumably.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if Wolves are trying to get a bidding war going, either for better money for them or simply hoping to push through a sale by making teams think they might miss out on him with others interested. They seem to be making it quite clear they want rid of him, and perhaps they feel they might get some scouts come check him out if they think they might get him if we're not interested (wolves have also been trying to make it clear we haven't made an approach, according to earlier posts in this thread).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Striker from Bohemia

Just bloody sign him up.

Put him as the new striker instead of CMS!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A Midlands supporting mate said the team Wolves played at Oxford was a mixture of players on the fringes of the first team and youngsters so not to read too much into Wards participation, althought they also played a game at AFC Headford where the 'bomb squad' as he put it of those they are looking to sell played inc Johnson, Doyle, O'Hara etc.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Midlands supporting mate said the team Wolves played at Oxford was a mixture of players on the fringes of the first team and youngsters so not to read too much into Wards participation, althought they also played a game at AFC Headford where the 'bomb squad' as he put it of those they are looking to sell played inc Johnson, Doyle, O'Hara etc.

Seems Wolves are having problems offloading quite a few high earners. Got to come a point where Jackett is going to have to swallow his pride and put them back in the squad or lower the price to an attractive level, or as a last resort send them out on loan again?

Wolves are the one with the expensive problem at the moment though so not really in the driving seat imo.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seems Wolves are having problems offloading quite a few high earners. Got to come a point where Jackett is going to have to swallow his pride and put them back in the squad or lower the price to an attractive level, or as a last resort send them out on loan again?

Wolves are the one with the expensive problem at the moment though so not really in the driving seat imo.

Absolutely, it's their problem and this one will probably go down to the wire but there doesn't appear to be a great deal of other interest in Ward so we should be driving a hard bargain, I'd expect ultimately we will only end up paying a nominal fee for his services.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Stephen Ward played for Wolves at Oxford last night. I was there. Wolves fielded a reserve side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here