Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Ward needs to be careful that we don't look elsewhere. I wonder how long the club will be prepared to let any negotiations continue?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ward needs to be careful that we don't look elsewhere. I wonder how long the club will be prepared to let any negotiations continue?

He's got 5.5 weeks otherwise he goes elsewhere or is stuck at Wolves until January.

This works out at £224,000 wages for Wolves.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He just needs to realistic about wages then we would snap him up or are they still wanting a fee as well.

It might not just be us that's stalling the deal. If we bought him and agreed a deal, he'd still need to sort out his contract with them, which as they are desperate to get rid off him (and you could argue treating him pretty poorly) could put him in a strong position and want to get us much from them as he can.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This ****stick needs to sign.

We miss him. We want him. Make it happen

363 posts and still no nearer
I reckon that if we can get this thread to 1000 replies he'll sign. By the power of greyskull.

#imminent

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course, by leaking our interest in Kelly, we could be forcing Ward to accept the offers on the table, both from us and any contract agreement with Wolves. Just a thought!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

That could be true, but sadly we are completely in the dark. Is the procrastination of Wards making, or is he as frustrated as we are
by either clubs intransigence ? Not necessarily fair to blame him, though of course it could be ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Utterly pitiful that a will he/won't thread on the no-mark likes of journeyman footballer Stephen Ward warrants anywhere near 26 pages on NSC. Piss-poor lack of ambition :nono:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Utterly pitiful that a will he/won't thread on the no-mark likes of journeyman footballer Stephen Ward warrants anywhere near 26 pages on NSC. Piss-poor lack of ambition :nono:

My player of the season last year, if our best player is a no mark we ARE in trouble.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Doubt most people that have followed football for sometime would describe someone who has played for two clubs in this country and one in his homeland as a journeman footballer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here