Stephen Ward deal NOT done (yet?)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty clear I think

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I agree, just hope he dont turn out to be our archilies heel
Regardless, it would take a Herculean effort to sign him.

If we pulled it off it would be, in baseball parlance, a Homer.

Edit; Still, if we don't get any joy we could always Troy again.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Oh and Chicksen will be just fine if we want top half, but not if we pushing for promotion due to consistancy I'm guessing......that said I'd be more than happy with top half if we develop the likes of Walton, Chicksen, Dunk, JFC, Ince, March as think they all got potential and that's without bench guys like Maxi and Monakana. Not been as optimistic about youth in 25 years and the acadamy isn't even the direct cause of these players

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems the transfer fee is the sticking point now, maybe a deal has already been done with Ward ( and a medical completed).....

Ward is in limbo as Brighton and Wolves haggle over a transfer fee, while Doyle is left to ponder if QPR will ask him to return to Loftus Road after his successful loan spell ended there in May.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...in-limbo-over-futures-at-wolves-30434968.html

So it may come down to just how much haggling there is to do. Hopefully the valuations are not poles apart.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So it may come down to just how much haggling there is to do. Hopefully the valuations are not poles apart.

If for example the fee Wolves want is 200k...

If we don't sign Ward for a week, they lose 13k in his wages. We gain a week of Ward's wages ( hypothetical 12k ).

So already in 1 week, the albion have gained 12k, and Wolves lost 13k.

Surely a deal can be done here - even a 200k fee seems relatively small in terms of each team's gain / loss per week.

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Seems the transfer fee is the sticking point now, maybe a deal has already been done with Ward ( and a medical completed).....

Ward is in limbo as Brighton and Wolves haggle over a transfer fee, while Doyle is left to ponder if QPR will ask him to return to Loftus Road after his successful loan spell ended there in May.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...in-limbo-over-futures-at-wolves-30434968.html

FFS. Can't we just get on with it? I can't believe that Wolves want that much for Ward. This pre-season is getting more and more frustrating as each day goes by.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I can't believe that Wolves want that much for Ward.

Totally agree.

Wolves want shot of him, we want him back, and they're quibbling over a transfer fee for him.
He could quite easily turn round to Wolves and state that he's not going anywhere until his contract runs out and they'd have to pay him £13,000 a week for another season.

They're still receiving parachute payments, so they can't be that hard up...... or can they?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

If we don't sign Ward for a week, they lose 13k in his wages. We gain a week of Ward's wages ( hypothetical 12k ).

I like your thinking.

Surely a deal can be done here - even a 200k fee seems relatively small in terms of each team's gain / loss per week.

I like your thinking.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea

Does anyone know how clubs pay their players?

We always talk about how much a player gets paid a week, but do they get paid every week i.e. 52 weeks of the year.

Or are they paid on a pro-rata basis i.e. just during pre-season and the season proper, so no payments from the end of the season 'til they return for pre-season?

Just curious!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here