Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steele and Webster

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I don’t like singling out players but the amount of goals we are conceding needs to be addressed.

Steele might be good with ball at his feet but the amount of shots he concedes as a percentage of shots faced is ridiculous. I can’t think of any truly exceptional saves he’s made this season.

Webster is just out of form, two goals today he failed to block shots and that shoes a defender just a bit off it. Our two league defeats in which we have conceded 8 goals have come with him starting.

Ultimately today comes down to the wrong team selection but that very much includes picking these two.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
What about Dunk? He was awful today, Or estupinian, who was awful today. Or veltman.....
But that’s a one off for those players, are you suggesting they aren’t good enough for us? For Steele and Webster this is happening to often. Did you see Webster against West Ham?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don’t like singling out players but ….
I’m going to anyway.

seriously, what is the benefit of a thread like this?

every single one of them was shit, and it all stems from the crappy set up.

All on RDZ this one, not Steele, nor Webster.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But that’s a one off for those players, are you suggesting they aren’t good enough for us? For Steele and Webster this is happening to often. Did you see Webster against West Ham?
You’ve quoted two matches…not much more than a one off 🤔

thank goodness the ADAM WEBSTER BASHING THREAD has been deleted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep. Those were the 3. All very poor. Absolutely no idea why Steele and Webster should take any flak for today in comparison. Veltman had the worst game I have seen him play.
Between the OP and your post, that’s highlighting poor games from ALL of our back five.

Thats what happens when you are hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned in midfield.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm saying its the, tactics against Everton last season, Dunk was worse than Webster. Or the numerous penalties Dunk gives away? or the amount of OG's he can score. I can some up with examples too, doesn't mean he's shit, it's the positions they are put in

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I’m going to anyway.

seriously, what is the benefit of a thread like this?

every single one of them was shit, and it all stems from the crappy set up.

All on RDZ this one, not Steele, nor Webster.
Yeah but RDZ has so much credit in the bank. You go ahead and criticise the manager if you want, don’t think I will.

If you don’t like the thread don’t read or reply to it .

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I think the one positive from today is that Steele will be dropped for the rest of the season.

Think we can all agree - great cup keeper, squad player, back up keeper - but light years from being good enough for a top 6 Premier League team.

Time to go all in with Bart. Give the defence constency - and develop one of our top young players, who is surely already good enough to be our number 1.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What about Dunk? He was awful today, Or estupinian, who was awful today. Or veltman.....
Sure, we will always have players who have off games or who make mistakes. That's why having a keeper who can pull off worldie saves is such a bonus.

Sanchez shanked the ball into the stand over and over again in midweek. But when his teammate made a mistake he was there to make a great save and keep them in it.

I like Steele, but he doesn't make worldie saves so mistakes get punished.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah but RDZ has so much credit in the bank. You go ahead and criticise the manager if you want, don’t think I will.
why?

Why is it not okay to criticise the guy who lost that game before kick off, and instead dig out two blokes who (along with all the others) made errors through being outnumber and exposed time and again?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I think we genuinely need a Plan B. We could have played DeZerbiBall all day long and we’d have continued to concede more goals than we scored. Individual players had a poor day at the office, but that defeat is on Roberto. I love our attacking style but if we play like that all the time over 90 minutes, sometimes it will go horribly wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here