Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steaks (beef)

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
What's the English equivalent of that please?

I'm not really sure, Chuck roasts and steaks are really popular here, but I don't ever remember having them in England. The Chuck roll is taken from the neck area towards the back. The Chuck eye roll is boned out from the Chuck, and that's what you'd cut your Chuck eye and centre cut Chuck steaks from. Very tasty stew beef from the Chuck too.

There are a number of other decent, yet very cheap steaks from the Chuck like Denver and flat iron steaks.

I'm not really sure, Chuck roasts and steaks are really popular here, but I don't ever remember having them in England. The Chuck roll is taken from the neck area towards the back. The Chuck eye roll is boned out from the Chuck, and that's what you'd cut your Chuck eye and centre cut Chuck steaks from. Very tasty stew beef from the Chuck too.

There are a number of other decent, yet very cheap steaks from the Chuck like Denver and flat iron steaks.

Thanks anyway.

Yet again, my olive branch of friendship is rejected and eschewed in favour of a scornful put down.

I believe braising steak etc in the UK is taken from the Chuck.

I also apologise for this mobile device constantly capitalising the word Chuck.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chuck steak was always available when I was a lad and I was a butchers boy for Wally Pearce in Worthing but its name has been changed, I believe it is now referred to as stewing steak

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay. Thanks for the discussion.

For the record I had a Kernel Pale Ale before tucking into roasted bone marrow and caramelised onion starter. I have to say I did not plan this pairing but it worked very well. Main was porterhouse (it was the T-bone variety..as I understand porthouse can mean different things in the US and UK) medium rare with chips and bone marrow gravy which mainly went on the chips. I took the advise on this page and went for a glass of Malbec red wine. The porterhouse had a fillet on one side and a sirloin on the other and there was a noticeable difference between the two. A wonderful and educational night and the steak was awesome.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Was in Brussels last week, had steak twice, firstly in Au Boeuf gros sel restaurant. Had a rare Fillet topped with foie gras and a bone marrow gravy, very very nice indeed. Have been here many times and it never disappoints.
Then another night at La Villette, again rare, was good but not amazing. Their home made sausages however are on a different planet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here