Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Statement from Mr Barber

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If you get them. I've told the club that I get the weekly newsletter on a Friday but don't receive the important emails despite it being the same email address.

I read it above. So did you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Perhaps if Poyet had turned up last Monday, when he was supposed to, last night's statement might have been put out on Thurs and nobody would have been bothered. The club had to get it out before the players returned. The meeting was postponed till Thurs and the parties have been thrashing it out since. As usual Poyet bought it on himself, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good bit of Barber bashing. And anyone that thinks Poyet didn't already know before he was told by the BBC, is quite frankly a fool. Just another episode in the Gus Poyet show. If he carries on being exposed like the way he has been today he will be unemployable by this time next week. The biggest favour Gus could do himself is keep quiet and let the dust settle. I'm afraid he is not in Barber's league. Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and move on. But that's not his style is it???

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Perhaps if Poyet had turned up last Monday, when he was supposed to, last night's statement might have been put out on Thurs and nobody would have been bothered. The club had to get it out before the players returned. The meeting was postponed till Thurs and the parties have been thrashing it out since. As usual Poyet bought it on himself, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good bit of Barber bashing. And anyone that thinks Poyet didn't already know before he was told by the BBC, is quite frankly a fool. Just another episode in the Gus Poyet show. If he carries on being exposed like the way he has been today he will be unemployable by this time next week. The biggest favour Gus could do himself is keep quiet and let the dust settle. I'm afraid he is not in Barber's league. Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and move on. But that's not his style is it???

lol

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
You can also be sure that the club's communications have been both timely and entirely appropriate at every stage.

This bit intrigued me. The club must have been forced into making the statement. At the time, the statement seemed both untimely and inappropriate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Please change your avatar, I keep reading your posts as Boycie would say them :smile:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

If the LMA are to be believed, the club presented Gus and his legal team with a 500 page document on the Sunday, expecting them to discuss it the next day. Gus' legal team quite rightly advised him to request more time, as is his right. I would have done exactly the same thing, if I were in Gus' shoes.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If the LMA are to be believed, the club presented Gus and his legal team with a 500 page document on the Sunday, expecting them to discuss it the next day. Gus' legal team quite rightly advised him to request more time, as is his right. I would have done exactly the same thing, if I were in Gus' shoes.
Groan,... the 500 page appendices were simply supporting documents, contracts, t&c's, club hr policies that type of thing,.... the main docs contained the allegations/case etc,..... certainly not 500 pages,......

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Wasn't necessarily on the Sunday, the LMA were careful to say "recently", which could in fact mean pretty much anything.

And a lot of those pages would have been old news to Gus; employment contract (plus all the additional agreements) that he signed when he first joined would probably make up the bulk of them.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Groan,... the 500 page appendices were simply supporting documents, contracts, t&c's, club hr policies that type of thing,.... the main docs contained the allegations/case etc,..... certainly not 500 pages,......

Regardless of the nitty gritty content, I think it's reasonable to have at least a couple of days to put together responses to the case and allegations etc.

Just my opinion mind.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Regardless of the nitty gritty content, I think it's reasonable to have at least a couple of days to put together responses to the case and allegations etc.

Just my opinion mind.
You are right, I would want time too,.... and anyway, it is tough to get reception on your mobile devices, and even tougher to view the screens through the glare of the sun whilst in Sardinia, then Barbados, then Spain,..... tough work if you can get it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If it actually turns out to be true that Gus did find out on TV yesterday he had been sacked, then that is about as unprofessional and dare i say "tin pot" as you can get at ANY club.
I would say to that email fumbling clutch at damage limitation for the forthcoming onslaught that will be fans forum !!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think last night entertainment was better than Downtown Abbey. Gus loves the camera and giving his opinion. Live by the media, die by the media, as it were. What goes round comes round springs to mind. I did find it quite amusing when he was saying he would love to still stay etc etc..Bit different to what he has been saying for last six months and after play off game....Be careful what you wish for eh??????.....He has bought this all on himself, 100% the man could have had it all, he just couldn't wait.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
If it actually turns out to be true that Gus did find out on TV yesterday he had been sacked, then that is about as unprofessional and dare i say "tin pot" as you can get at ANY club.
I would say to that email fumbling clutch at damage limitation for the forthcoming onslaught that will be fans forum !!

You really think the club lied about having contact with him yesterday?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be fair to Paul Barber that's exactly the sort of communication people have been after. It tells the fans as much as we can get away with and attempts to address the main issues raised that weren't just a sulk (I.e. lack of preparedness for next season and poor PR).

I don't agree that their communications have been timely. Last night was a farce. But every other point in there has reassured me and I'm feeling more positive than I have been since 13 May.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A good e-mail from PB to keep us updated and as informed as possible. I feel a lot more comfortable about the way the club is being run since this whole situation came to a head. As a club it was getting to a situation where the tail was wagging the dog. I'm encouraged to see the professional way that the episode has been dealt with and I think we will be stronger because of it.

MCJIM2000

Oct 21, 2011
Ok its a start to communication, it must be very hard for them at the moment... i just want to know that they are working with our players, and making sure were set for the new season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here