Statement from Mr Barber

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If you are simply not allowed to say what the alleged breaches of contract are in such an internal investigation at this stage (even with Poyet protesting his innocence of the charges), then that is probably as much as he can say.

Something needed to be said, so credit for that.

I am not reassured at all about the contracts and recruitment, because had we had someone in charge six weeks ago dealing with all that then and now, we could be more optimistic about the season. But there is no point moaning about it, that's the way it is, and we may well not have a permanent manager for a while.

Still puzzled about the interim position. Do you get a real stopgap and allow him to sign players the new bloke might not like, or not let him sign anyone and leave it all to the last minute (and maybe miss out). Or appoint the interim that you eventually want, just call him an interim and change the title later on.

Me too re - interim. Shirely the interim has to be the next permanent manager and just called interim or head coach for legal reasons.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good e-mail, covers a lot of bases.

You do have to wonder if they will communicate the interim plans to the fans, they STILL havent said anything about friendly ticket info OR who we are playing in our first home friendly !!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
For what its worth, that's spot on for me, reassures me that the club are doing things by the book, showing restraint in the face of temptation to enter a slanging match,..... excellent.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Oh it's never going to satisfy some of the fish wives on here! Gus has been sacked for breach of contract - it may or may not be as bad as they make out but he's gone and that's that. All the other flimsy crap is just that. The BBC thing is just pure pantomime and i think the club has done well to not drag itself into a childish "he said, she said - you stole my sweets" battle.
And as for other clubs slagging us off without even bothering to see if there is another side to last nights perceived "announcement fiasco". Who cares!! Let them get on with it.. Especiallly when one of the clubs doing it is Leeds!! Bloody hell - Leeds criticising us for the way we do things is akin to Gary Glitter complaining about being offended by page 3 girls!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I never ceased to be amazed by some people on here. They moan because the club tell us nothing and "fail" to communicate. Then when they do they moan.

This - seems a reasonable enough email to me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OK I don't like Barber,but the guys got a job to do, and really I don't like the way he is doing it but fair does to the man the email was pretty good, also pretty late.
lets all move on
interim manager Mark McGhee
knows the club willing to do the job and will be favourable to the fans/supporters/customers

Last edited:

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Very pleased with this statement. Shows an awareness of how people are feeling, but also a professionalism that they cant start releasing information whilst the legal process goes on. There is nothing the club can now do, they made their decision to suspend and then dismiss Poyet rather than negotiate and therefore they now need to follow the legal process surrounding this. I can't say one way or the other who is right or wrong, I don't have the facts. If/when any information is released subsequent to the appeal process, perhaps then we can see who we think has the high ground and why decisions were taken. Until then, we can't really start blaming anyone, can we?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Hopefully this statement will be understood by the minority of fans who want to speculate at every turn to suit their own agendas..........

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Give him a break, he's only ruined our reputation and lossed all our appeal to new players and managers
If I had to choose the way we would sack poyet, on live TV would be my first. Great going Paul

Your grasp on reality and what actually happened is as credible as your spelling

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Me too re - interim. Shirely the interim has to be the next permanent manager and just called interim or head coach for legal reasons.
That may be the case,.... who knows?... but also, someone like Oscar may just want to hold fire until he is sure this is getting resolved,.... which may be too late of course, but we have no choice.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
There you go then. All is now well with the world.

Let's move on and forget about....erm...the last bloke who managed us.....foreign bloke.....No sorry...it's gone.

Why not, he was involved for less than 7% of games I (& you) have seen us play and in 10 years time will be down to 4% and counting...Ships that pass in the night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports