Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stanley Kubrick Confesses To Faking The Moon Landings....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
25.4 billion dollars is what the Apollo missions cost. That's some expensive TV. They might as well have actually gone for that sort of money.

Don't the conspiracy theorists use Apollo 13 (?) the one that went wrong, Houston we have a problem, it went wrong because TV ratings were plummeting by this stage and they needed something big to get them back? Cynics!

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
I'm going to go with they were left there by US astronauts who landed on the moon.

It's really not a case of whether what you just posted is possible but if it's plausible. Why would you bother with something that is ostensibly just as difficult and dangerous, not to say convoluted. Especially with your cold war enemies and opponents in the space race watching every move.

You may well be fishing of course but [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] has thumbed you up just in case

I promise I was not fishing. I was trying to be as ludicrous as possible. Christmas cheer. Plus I got a thumbs up. Wicked. I'm going for a 2-2 draw today.:albion2:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The earth's gravity effects the sun. You can calculate it pretty easily. The orbits of all the planets are effected by all the others. Gravity does not just stop at a specific distance it just reduces with distance.

Strange that, I was under the (deluded) illusion that we all gravitated around the sun, obviously not.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Does it? Everything, including satellites, are within our atmosphere, they may be a few miles up, but they aren't in 'space'. As far as the video is concerned, filmed in 1999? He looks drunk, I could have done that interview last night. Did people land on the moon? In my opinion no. 256k computer with 10,000lb of thrust up yer bottom in a baked bean can? Nah.

Geostationary satellites are TWENTY TWO THOUSAND miles up. Our atmosphere is 100 miles.

Can you lend me 'a few' quid?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Geostationary satellites are TWENTY TWO THOUSAND miles up. Our atmosphere is 100 miles.

Can you lend me 'a few' quid?

I must word myself better, I did mean orbit, my bad. However not ALL satellites are 22,000 miles above us and I suggest you read up on it. Most are in low earth orbit, which is some 6,000 km, around 4,000 miles? I think you're over egging it a little.

How much do you need? I usually just give beggars a tin of beans.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I must word myself better, I did mean orbit, my bad. However not ALL satellites are 22,000 miles above us and I suggest you read up on it. Most are in low earth orbit, which is some 6,000 km, around 4,000 miles? I think you're over egging it a little.

How much do you need? I usually just give beggars a tin of beans.

My post was about direct to home satellite TV, which exclusively uses geostationary orbit satellites which have to be 22 thousand up.

4000 is still vastly out of our atmosphere.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My post was about direct to home satellite TV, which exclusively uses geostationary orbit satellites which have to be 22 thousand up.

4000 is still vastly out of our atmosphere.

Seriously, is this what interests you at full time. Hey ho.

Why does the Lunar Module look like it was made by Noddy on Friday with a plastic hammer?

3e1ed4a6203fa55c9f74a2816b60c220.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm all for discussing the moon landing hoaxes - I'm a firm believer that they never happened. I won't go around trying to make people believe me, I just think there's sufficient evidence to make them a hoax a consideration.

No. No there isn't sufficient evidence to make a hoax even remotely plausible.

Mythbusters (an excellent show) went through every single one of the supposed anomalies and showed how each of them is arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here