Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stanley Cup Final

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
anybody else getting up/staying up for the opening game of tonights stanley cup finals?

as a canucks fan, i am EXTREMELY excited about the morning in prospect and am fully expecting them to win the series 4-1, meaning a victory in game 5 at gm place to lift the trophy

GO CANUCKS GO :clap: :clap: :clap:

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
GO CANUCKS GO!

I shall be staying up to watch every game after the Canucks go 3 up for I have ESPN America.

A win in game 5 would be ideal seeing as it would be a Friday night and at home although as long as we win it I couldn't care less when it was.

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
You expect the Canucks to beat the Bruins in 5 games? Having a laugh surely? Now this COULD happen if Thomas goes cold. I expect him to get beat up the first game or 2 and then back into his stride. No less than 6 games but I say it will be a 7 game series with a few overtimes mixed in. Going to be a tight series simple as that. Bruins in my opinion are in a better position due to experience and such. Vancouver has any Canadian hockey fan behind them (not myself though I am indifferent to who wins) and I expect them to win in game 7.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Although i'm a Rangers fan i'll be rooting for the canucks too.
Work commitments will prevent me staying up all hours to watch it live but i'll be recording what i miss. Should be a classic series

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Another Rangers fan. Vancouver in 6. At least tonights game is a fairly civilised 8 pm on the East Coast

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
defnitely wanting a canucks win but would have rather seen tampa bay instead of boston. anybody see the puck to the visor stamkos took in the final game? cant watch it live as we dont have espn anymore so will prob download a 720p recording of it and stay away from the nhl site

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I became a Bruins fan after watching them beating the Toronto maple leafs in Boston 2008.

GO BRUINS

Bruins%2BPoster%2Bweb%2Bversion%2B™.png

20p8ye8.gif

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As a Ducks fan I'm pretty indifferent but I reckon I'll root for the Bruins.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tampa Bay fan so had 7 late nights recently and doubt I'll be bothering for the first week but might give the odd later series game a go if start work late next day.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
To be honest anytime Tampa or any other southern team makes it to the final, I die a bit inside. What a bunch of wank fans Tampa has as well. While living in FLorida I went to a few games and there was more away team fans usually than home. Only fill it when its the play off semis or stanley. Pathetic and should be either sold to Quebec city, Hamilton or just done away with. Glad they didnt make it :lolol:. Not seen highlights of tonight yet but am very surprised it was 1-0

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
yeh i read that, although id rather see the nordiques back myself
Yep, another piss poor decision, that one. And Hartford.

I'd just like it if the Leafs would come close to winning the SC. Just ONCE. Biggest club in the league and they've done f*** all since 1966.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I'd just like it if the Leafs would come close to winning the SC. Just ONCE. Biggest club in the league and they've done f*** all since 1966.

And the amazing thing about that is the optimism of Leafs fans. Every game at the ACC is sold out even though they play like crap and yet the fans are still clinging on to that little bit of hope that one day they'll see the Stanley Cup back in Toronto.

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
And the amazing thing about that is the optimism of Leafs fans. Every game at the ACC is sold out even though they play like crap and yet the fans are still clinging on to that little bit of hope that one day they'll see the Stanley Cup back in Toronto.

Yeah its terrible being a Leaf fan haha. Though with the Jets coming back (and the fact I will be only 2 hours away in Kenora) I might have to start following the jets :p.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
According to the Boston Globe here, such was the ferocity of last night's game that one of the players bit another's FINGER.

Frankly, it's watchable enough at this level - the scenes of celebratory pandemonium at the Boston Garden when they won in the last round were extraordinary - but it's also getting hugely boring by now to see some sweaty, pasty-faced, bearded, broken-nosed tough nut mumbling about giving it their best shot etc on every single "news" channel.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah to be fair Man of Harveys the play offs get dragged out forever it seems. I do love my hockey dont get me wrong but by the time the its over its more of a sigh of relief than anything. I suppose if Toronto ever made it to the final I might think different :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here