Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Standing in the north stand

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We’re N1G. Pretty much everyone stands. I think the stewards made a sort of token attempt to persuade people to sit last season, to no effect. I haven’t noticed anyone trying again this season.
I don’t want to sound unreasonable, but if you don’t like standing there are plenty of other parts of the ground where everyone sits.
Having said that, a guy in our row brought his dad for the Liverpool cup game…he must have been in his eighties, and had to stand throughout as the rows in front were all standing. I felt sorry for him…but tbh his son should have bought the tickets elsewhere.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You shouldn’t be standing , there’s seats for a reason . That way everyone can see . Maybe the people standing should take a minute to think of their fellow fans rather than me me me .
I think you will find that that plea will be instantly regarded by 99.9% recurring of all average north standers.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So glad I'm a WSU old fart, don't have to put up with any of this standing/sitting shenanigans. Plus I can see both ends of the pitch properly.

As a mentioned on a previous thread, I was asked to sit down a full 20 minutes before the start of the Liverpool cup game, in the WSU! Never seen the fella behind me before who asked, but I can safely assume he didn’t normally have a ticket in the North…..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As a mentioned on a previous thread, I was asked to sit down a full 20 minutes before the start of the Liverpool cup game, in the WSU! Never seen the fella behind me before who asked, but I can safely assume he didn’t normally have a ticket in the North…..
Were that me, my response to the interloper may have contained an element of spice.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I sit below you for every game, but l had to struggle up and down those steps on a stadium tour this week . . . my God it nearly did for me.

No good if you suffer from vertigo either!
I’m lucky enough to sit near the front, I did go up to the back of the stand when I did the tour, quite pleased I’m not up there on a match day.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Am in N1F row q

Everyone stands from about six or seven rows in front of us all the way up to the last row. In fact, for high tension games like Palace etc virtually the whole NS stands.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Are you for real? Get a life.
Oh dear. A young man comes into the room and embarrasses himself. The room is a different room. the wallpaper, the lights. And the smells. What's that smell? Is it Teen Spirit?

No, no it isn't Teen Spirit. Could it be methylated spirit? Is it inflammable? Can you drink it?

No, don't drink it. You could go blind. Or mad.

Fact.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
N1H Row W.. at least 5 rows in front of us all stand too - Lovely.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re N1G. Pretty much everyone stands. I think the stewards made a sort of token attempt to persuade people to sit last season, to no effect. I haven’t noticed anyone trying again this season.
I don’t want to sound unreasonable, but if you don’t like standing there are plenty of other parts of the ground where everyone sits.
Having said that, a guy in our row brought his dad for the Liverpool cup game…he must have been in his eighties, and had to stand throughout as the rows in front were all standing. I felt sorry for him…but tbh his son should have bought the tickets elsewhere.
It’s interesting how it evolved over the Amex seasons.

Early seasons, the stewards and their supervisors were obsessed with NS’ers standing, sending in heavy handed snatch squads, bans issued. We were told it was strict legislation. At Old Trafford the same. Whilst many clubs effectively turned a blind eye.

Now the NS is far more laissez faire. Shirley the same legislation’s in place.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think we are (not officially) allowed to stand In the North has there is no trouble.

I did hear a whisper that they were watching it closely last season with CCTV, and stewards, to see if there was any idiots who would spoil it for the others, but not sure how true it is.

It is definitely turned a blind eye too, and not enforced, so maybe there is some truth to it.

Long may it continue.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
You shouldn’t be standing , there’s seats for a reason . That way everyone can see . Maybe the people standing should take a minute to think of their fellow fans rather than me me me .
WE negotiated a standing area when the stadium was built. In the North Stand. It's what we do there. One tiny bit of modern football bollocks we have managed to swerve with the backing of the club since Day One, thank heavens.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Attachments

• FD636518-3063-4BE3-AE76-6D7BF796E45A.gif
    FD636518-3063-4BE3-AE76-6D7BF796E45A.gif
    506.5 KB · Views: 44

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here