Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

standing at falmer?

magicman555

Aug 27, 2008
justa quick one. much prefer standing at the games (as we do away from home) just wondering wether this will be tolerated behind the goal (north stand) at falmer. or if anywhere? many thanks.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I reckon the chance of this will be zilch. Zippo. Nada. Lower than the ankle bracelet on a flat footed pygmy.
Shame though.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
justa quick one. much prefer standing at the games (as we do away from home) just wondering wether this will be tolerated behind the goal (north stand) at falmer. or if anywhere? many thanks.

Let’s just say the North stand will be better than withdean :thumbsup:

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
So you can't stand in the 5th to back row then. How will that work? So someone isn't allowed to stand but it's ok for the row behind too?

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
From what they said at the presentation tonight the north stand back four rows are standing but he said it in a manour that suggested the whole north stand would be standing as he said the stewarding would be relaxed

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't see it happening to be honest.

They can say what they like in the presentation, but all the evidence suggests that the club's safety officer wants to enforce things to the letter of the law.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can't see it happening to be honest.

They can say what they like in the presentation, but all the evidence suggests that the club's safety officer wants to enforce things to the letter of the law.

I think this will be the case - anyone buying a ticket thinking they'll be fine to stand forever more must be a bit deluded.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Id love to be able to stand, but with todays Helath and Safety laws, and all the crap that goes with it, I dont think its even going to be a possibility.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Id love to be able to stand, but with todays Helath and Safety laws, and all the crap that goes with it, I dont think its even going to be a possibility.

sad but true :(

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

To be fair whilst the current H&S laws may put pressure on clubs to combat standing its not enforced everywhere. I recently got offered a free ticket in the leeds Kop to see Leeds vs QPR and EVERY SINGLE PERSON in that end behind the goal (end furthest from the away fans) stood for the entire game without even the slighest hint of any stewards asking people to sit. In fact I spoke to the bloke next to me about standing who said that he had supported leeds for 30 years and had never seen a steward asking people to sit. Seems like not all are following the rules.

As a side point, however much it pains me to say it, the leeds fans were immense that day too. Really gave their team a twelth man out there and I really hope we can create that amount of noise at falmer.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If it isn't sufficiently relaxed behind the goal then the safety officer needs to lose his job, there can only be a handful of clubs in this country that force the home 'kop' to sit down, why must we try and be one of these?

However, if the north stand decides it is standing up, then there is nothing the stewards can do about it, they simply cannot get 2500 people to sit down, look at Soton, we were told before hand they were going to be extra strict on standing with random ejections, but still all 3300 of us stood all game with barely any exceptions.

The withdean stewards can't get 800 people in the worthing stand to sit down when they decide they'd rather stand, they wouldn't know where to start with 2500.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Most games you see in Premiership on match of the day people seem to be standing behind the goals.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Braders - your avatar has always intrigued me, can we see the full video??

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I reckon standing in the North Stand will be tolerated

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
From what I was lead to believe that if you were of the more 'excitable' type then the back few rows of the North is where you should go as if you stand there then you are less likely to get someone wanting to sit down behind you.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You wont be able to stand now but if you don't take the piss then it's fine. You can stand for corners and attacks.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Most games you see in Premiership on match of the day people seem to be standing behind the goals.

this. huge great ruddy stands full of people standing and the stewards standing about letting people get on with it. HEBBARD take note - please don't kill falmer like you've killed withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here