Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Will do what the person in front is doing

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
so here is the burning question. those of us who travel regularly know that there are a certain element of fans that like to stand all the way through the game.

Generally these fans go to the back of the stand, of which i don't see a problem with, assuming that the allocation isn't sold out (as they are not in their correct seats)

However at Liverpool, people are going to be really possessive of their seats and this means people will be tempted to sit in their own seat.

So to get to my main question, will you want to sit down and watch the game or stand like most regular away fans like to?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't have a problem with standing at away games, especially the big games, Villa, Spurs, West Ham in the Cup and every game at Selhurst, just so long as you can do it in front of the seat you paid for!!!!!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
my preference would be to stand, but if the people behind me dont want to then i will sit down

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I don't have a problem with standing at away games, especially the big games, Villa, Spurs, West Ham in the Cup and every game at Selhurst, just so long as you can do it in front of the seat you paid for!!!!!

So you want to fight your way through 2000 people at Palace to standby your seat?

My seat was nearly directly behind a post, there were empty spaces so I stood in font of another seat....BAD ME.....get the stewards.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
so here is the burning question

The burning question that has been discussed 97,000 times already on countless other threads on this subject.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I selected standing but I am not sure, I am in row 1 so I wont stand if the previous 10 rows are sitting!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's very much driven by the herd and by the stewards.

It takes a LOT of work from the stewards to get everyone sitting, but I have seen it happen. Doubt it will in this case though. I'm imagining it will be very much like West Ham, Spurs and Villa, whereby, despite us packing out the away end, we'll be in our correc t seats, but actually standing in front of them for 90 mins.

Personally, if I was in the front row, I'd be sat down, and likewise if everyone in front of me was sat down, I wouldn't be the person who then gets everyone behind me standing, but nonetheless it will happen.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
With allocated seating games, it should be very much driven by the people who are sitting around you, in my opinion. For example if you happen to have elderly fans or young kids sitting in the seats behind you, I would have thought the reasonable thing to do would be to not stand. I'm sure a lot of people love to stand for all games, me included, but for the occasional game which is sold-out and allocated seating, you have to be prepared to be flexible and help out others I think.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I do whatever the person behind is doing. If they are standing, I'll stand. If they are sitting, I'll sit.

My preference is to stand, but I'll sit down if I'm asked to :albion:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
My preference is to stand, but I'll sit down if I'm asked to :albion:

Good on you, got wound up by the people in front of me at Reading who refused to sit down. My feet and knees tend to hurt after a bit (which isn't ideal at 24) and it's nice to be able to sit and still see the game. Of course I'll jump up for the important bits, and if it's tense in the second half I'll probably end up standing if others around me are, feet and knees be damned.

seagull1981

Blue & White Forever
Aug 8, 2010
i would prefer to stand, especially at Anfield and standing usually gets a better atmosphere before, during & after? :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here