Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stalker of Billy Gilmour and others - guilty; avoids prison

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Poor Billy! Sending him all the best, can't have been easy for him or any of the others involved

Scottish international Gilmour told the court he made the move from Chelsea to Brighton in summer 2022, and found himself being bombarded with messages from Sloan while in an unfamiliar new home and away from his friends and family.

He had messaged her briefly after they met at the house party but then tried to cut off contact, the court heard

However she set about stalking him in summer 2022, claiming online to have fallen pregnant by the footballer.

“Mr Gilmour has never been in an intimate relationship with Ms Sloan”, said Mr Seetal.

Outlining the impact of her behaviour, Gilmour said in a statement: “I was not able to sleep and had to take sleeping tablets on occasions.

“It had a knock-on effect on my performance”, adding that he was left “extremely stressed” and struck by “feelings of panic”.

“For a period of time I was consistently receiving notifications of messages from Orla, or contacted by people she was harassing.

“I was worried not only for myself but also those targeted by Orla.”

Gilmour said he cut off contact with friends and female acquaintances on social media to protect them from Sloan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy for her to stalk me - I’ll DM.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She clearly has mental problems, doesn't care about the men, just the power to upset them, but because she looks fit, she must be ok.

No wonder so many men are led by their pants. :facepalm:

I really feel for these men because a casual acquaintance, can turn into a bunny boiler, at any time. They will feel they don't know who they can trust.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
She clearly has mental problems, doesn't care about the men, just the power to upset them, but because she looks fit, she must be ok.

I really feel for these men because a casual acquaintance, can turn into a bunny boiler, at any time. They will feel they don't know who they can trust.
Indeed. Some bafflingly crass comments there.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Orla S

Alternatively, Orla Sloan wanted to become immensely wealthy by getting hooked to a PL footballer.

Men led by pants, some females are lured by money.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'd reckon that most of us blokes (well, us really really good looking ones) have had to deal with this type of nonsense from at least one of our previous acquaintances in the past.
I don't see that the woman has done anything particularly terrible, certainly nothing that would need the Courts involved.
If he wasn't Wee Billy Gilmour from a premier league team he would've just had to put up with it until it went away.
She's just one more slightly loose nut, securing a plastic horse's leg to the carousel of life.

Pah!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought it (before seeing photo!!) wouldn't write it.

Who would have guessed, the one they call Stat can evolve.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Gilmour told Westminster magistrates court the campaign of stalking by Sloan affected his playing form, as he struggled to sleep and worried about the destruction she was causing to relationships with friends and family.
You have to wonder how much of this might have contributed to us seeing so little of Billy during this season.

Hope it's all sorted down and he can push on. He's been looking really great now he's gotten some game time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Christ no. She looks like one of those modern day chav birds who’ve bleached their hair, replaced their eyebrows with a couple of slugs and can’t sit by the fire in winter for longer than 5 minutes in case their face melts.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
There's always a double standard here. If this was a man stalking female athletes we'd all be calling for his balls to be chopped off.

Same when you hear the (rare) stories of female teachers being involved with their students. If it was a man we'd be organizing a lynch mob. If it's a woman it's "wish I had teachers like her!"

It's still abuse, either way. And people this unhinged can still escalate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here