Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stains away - St. Stephen's Day

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Southampton is not quite as bad as you imply - certainly not as bad as some of the shit holes I’ve visited up and down the country. For me it’s a bit on the boring side and doesn’t have the dynamism to promote itself in a better light. Obviously not a patch on Brighton and Hove for entertainment and going out, or even Portsmouth with Gunwharf Quay and the Dockyard but it ticks all the boxes for living here in a humdrum way - and Winchester is just up the road for eating and drinking, and a bit of culture!
To be clear, I'm not implying anything, I'm giving my opinion based on my uniformly negative experiences there.
I'm sure it's entirely adequate as a place to live, and in the same way as a hostage might grow fond of their kidnapper, you've presumably developed some sort of twisted attachment to the hellhole.
You have my sympathy.
:lolol:

el punal

To be clear, I'm not implying anything, I'm giving my opinion based on my uniformly negative experiences there.
I'm sure it's entirely adequate as a place to live, and in the same way as a hostage might grow fond of their kidnapper, you've presumably developed some sort of twisted attachment to the hellhole.
You have my sympathy.
:lolol:
Thanks for your sympathy! How I longed to move back to Brighton, unfortunately house prices in the twin city are so prohibitive that that is now an impossibility. Still, I can stay relaxed in the knowledge that while New York is the city that never sleeps Southampton is the one that hasn’t woken up. :thumbsup::drink:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I didn’t realise until I just looked on Rightmove how much cheaper property is in Southampton compared to Brighton & Hove and I mean even in central areas not out in the sticks . Like for like in central areas seems like about 40% difference for similar 4 bed 1500 square ft period houses . Mind you I heard Southampton is boring and nothing like Brighton & Hove .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
On Sale Purchase History Thu 17 November

180 tickets still available.

Just as well we have got those draconian new ID checks in place... really important that none of the 30000'ish people who have had a chance to buy their tickets to which they are ENTITLED have missed out to scalpers and harvesters.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Amazed this didn't sell out quicker but the no trains issue is probably the major factor.

and still ~40 unsold.
And, of course, being boxing day a lot of families spending time together or just resting.
Looking on the bright side at least everyone who wanted a ticket has been able to get one despite their ranking.
All we need now is for the lads to turn up ready to give the stains a good stuffing as their present to us!

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Amazed this didn't sell out quicker but the no trains issue is probably the major factor.
Last year I was able to get a ticket for the game at Chelsea between Christmas and New Year, as a member. Last year year there might still have been some covid effect, but it doesn't really surprise me that this hasn't sold out quicker.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
On Sale Purchase History Thu 17 November

180 tickets still available.

Just as well we have got those draconian new ID checks in place... really important that none of the 30000'ish people who have had a chance to buy their tickets to which they are ENTITLED have missed out to scalpers and harvesters.
If that's why I was able to get a ticket for it, I'm all for it :shrug:
Personally, I suspect it's just because of the trains and time of year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here