Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stagish things to do in Berlin.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
The Stasi Museum

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a big old disused international airport complete with runway somewhere in East Berlin. Tried walking there once, from the nearest U-Bahn. Took bloody ages and never did make it, on account of only had a couple of hours til my plane left from the other airport. Probably a great photo-op, especially if you can commission a beer-bike to let you run AMOK there :cheers:

Last edited:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Make sure you have lots of stuff planned and don't just wander around. It's a huge city. I'm very surprised that Hertha have sold out as they normally only sell out when one of the big 2 come to town. Brewery wise there's not much around but search out brauhauses I really like the one in Charlottenburg called lemke where they have their own beer on taps. Check out Kreuzberg for lots of cafes/bars. Culture wise if you only do one thing take a wander around the Holocaust memorial. A completely surreal experience.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wouldn't chose Berlin as a place to go for a stag do just because of how hostile venues are towards non - Berliners. A place to go with a small mixed group.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Ironically also on a stag do in Berlin on that same weekend. Will certainly let them know about the BFC game, as we were thinking about Hertha until it sold out as well!

The Beer Bike is also on our list of things to possibly do.

The BFC game is a 12.30 ko on the Sunday. Viktoria Berlin are also at home on the same day ,same ko time and same league as BFC.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
This - fascinating, depressing, amazing, surreal, unbelievable - the extremes to which they'd go.

Isn't it! Did you watch that movie, the name of which I can't quite remember. The lives of others? Watched it just after visiting Berlin. Is a great film and fascinating to have seen the building that featured in it.
Love Berlin. Great city with so much to do, and then all the history.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Spent a weekend there for my 40th with the missus - great city. Plenty to do and see around the Alexanderplatz area (Lustgarden & museums), the Berliner Dom, Hackescher Markt (nice Kilkenny's Pub under the train lines too which shows all the sport etc.) and not too far from the Reichstag & Brandenburg Gate etc. if you fancy a bit of history while you are there. Its all within staggering distance. Also a great little sex cinema / shop on Rosa-Luxemburg Strasse just round the corner from Alexanderplatz station if you want a proper "Stag Do" activity.... ;o)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a stag do but going over to Berlin (love the city!) for the England game over Easter + a few days.

Suggestions for good crafty beer pubs, or general pubs to hang out? As well as some ideas for decent burger type place? Made a very long weekend out of it!

humndinga

Dec 31, 2011
Utrecht
I did the Berlin beer bike tour a couple years ago on a stag do, we started at 11am and none of us were breathalysed, despite most of us including myself looking and still being pissed or hungover from the night before. We even did a detour for Bratwurst and change of the barrel. The fella steering was a good laugh and when we stopped had a drink with us.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I did see one daft thing that might appeal, last time I was in Berlin. It's like a big square dinner table that probably seats about a dozen people. It's got wheels. Think you might even be allowed to take beers on board. Each person has a seat around the table and under the table each person has a set of pedals. Bizarrely, this head-mental thing, whatever its called, is allowed to be driven, and presumably steered somehow, down Berlin's big wide thoroughfares, despite an abundance of clear Health & Safety issues.
I saw one of these in London last year!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's a big old disused international airport complete with runway somewhere in East Berlin. Tried walking there once, from the nearest U-Bahn. Took bloody ages and never did make it, on account of only had a couple of hours til my plane left from the other airport. Probably a great photo-op, especially if you can commission a beer-bike to let you run AMOK there :cheers:

There's also a brand spanking new disused international airport in East Berlin. Might open one day.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...stic-airport-became-a-6-billion-embarrassment

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't chose Berlin as a place to go for a stag do just because of how hostile venues are towards non - Berliners. A place to go with a small mixed group.

I disagree with this. A group of 15 guys will need to pick and choose their venues appropriately in any city. Berlin isn't different in this respect. And yes there will be many Berlin venues hostile to a group of 15 blokes.....just like there will be in Brighton or London or anywhere.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Great place for a stag do!! Beer bike was fun you can play music the beer not so great ;) we were dressed up and sang to the locals they loved it. We also went to see Herta play, I wore my Brighton shirt. The clubs there are amazing too open ALL hours until the last person laves pretty much

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Make sure you get yourself a Berlin Welcome Card. Includes free bus/train/tube travel on Berlin's excellent reliable public transport system, as well as major savings to many of the sights (think I got 50% off a visit to the very impressive and interactive DDR Museum). Can pre-order onlinre and pick up at the airport. At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, make sure you order one for the band that includes the airport! Link is here:

http://www.visitberlin.de/en/article/the-berlin-welcomecard-0

:thumbsup:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I disagree with this. A group of 15 guys will need to pick and choose their venues appropriately in any city. Berlin isn't different in this respect. And yes there will be many Berlin venues hostile to a group of 15 blokes.....just like there will be in Brighton or London or anywhere.

We are fully aware of that, I let it go over my head, I wouldn't expect anyone to let in groups of 15, all venues will be called ahead and make sure we will be ok to get in. we will split up into smaller groups and no shitty fancy dress will be worn at any point. No different to nights out to anywhere I have ever been. I would rather be doing Berlin with a couple of close mates and no doubt will return, but I am sure we will be ok for getting into half the venues we wish to attend.

Plus if all else fails, Tits right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here