Stadium seating upgrade timescale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Look I'm prepared to be flamed here but I'm a member of the Albion Supporters Club and in the latest newsletter they mention that the plans for increasing the seating for next season are unlikely to be agreed by the Council in the expected time frame.

Originally I understood that they were supposed to be agreed, (hopefully), by the end April and that work would then start asap. If they miss that Committee cycle then we could be looking at June or later for agreement which I would have thought would make doing it in the close season nigh impossible.

Does anybody else have any news about this to confirm or deny any possible delay?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Was told over the weekend that there is a big panic on to try and get it through in time with people putting in extra hours etc!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can they not work through a season?wolves managed to do it.

I would imagine the work at the Amex would need to be done from the inside,at Wolves it is being carried out from the outside as there is no roof.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
thats strange as i had a tour 2 weeks ago and the tour guide was almost 100% positive that we were going to get the decision beginning of April and it was nailed on a positive one. he also mentioned that the increase would only be to 26K this summer with the east stand being done, not the corners? not sure if thats true

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Isn't Hebbard giving a talk on this very subject at the Savannah bar in Haywards Heath next week ?

Might be worth mincing along to that to get the lowdown.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
I thought all the plans were in and it was just a question of a yes or no from the council. Obviously its a bit more complicated than than. Would be nice to know what the procedure is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports