Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Name

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Will the stadium name of The American Express Community Stadium/Amex always be the name? Or after so many years have a different name.

I know why it's called that but it's not the best of name for a stadium :lolol:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Will the stadium name of The American Express Community Stadium/Amex always be the name? Or after so many years have a different name.

I think The Amex is a decent name. It could have been a lot worse.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Don`t be polite it`s a shit name for a stadium ,sponsor orientated like most of the rest

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think it is fine. We are a third tier club (moved up to the second) - the club have done well to get a blue-chip sponsor. Try and look on the bright side of things old fruit.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
I think it is fine. We are a third tier club (moved up to the second) - the club have done well to get a blue-chip sponsor. Try and look on the bright side of things old fruit.

It does not matter what tier we play in our home deserves a decent name.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Only downside I foresee is that if you are late for the game (due to some anti-capitalist protest) and ask for a taxi to the Amex, the driver might try to take you to the building in Kemptown....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Another classic JCL.

Out of interest, what the f*** is the Goldean Community Stadium?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
AR as OP

Yeah

That's a great idea, but will you go round the village to obtain sponsorship of, god knows, how many millions to BHAFC, to further your case

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
FFS 14 years ago we'd have called it Selhurst Park if we'd got a f**king ground ....

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
That's what I want it to be called, as it's in Falmer, but i suppose Village Way won't be the best of names :lolol:

Apart from it's not is it!!! Only a small portion of the coach park is in Falmer. And beats me why we would want to call it after the village that nearly stopped it happening!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here