Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium decision imminent..

Aug 12, 2003
Perth WA
Argus Today:

A decision on Brighton & Hove Albion's Falmer stadium bid could be imminent. Sharmilla Meadows the case worker for JP's office dealing with the application has written once again to all parties involved in the plans. Ms Meadows has given a hint a verdict could arrive soon by informing parties that Mr Prescott 'wishes to proceed to decision and does not intend the exchange of representation should continue indefinately, for that reason final comments are invited'

Bloody well proceed then Prescott :angry:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
so more final comments are invited, by the time they get written and sent off and JP reads them.........dragging!

Lord B will/should be able to clear this up, Lord B over to you!

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Don't always belive the Argus...........

We will hear soon enough i'am sure:lolol:

The letter from the ODPM that is quoted in the Argus was sent out on Wednesday. It went to all of the "interested parties" who are taking part in the Reference Back Exercise. Enclosed with it were copies of all of the representations that had been submitted by 18 June (last Friday).

The letter says:-

"I now attach copies of the representations received in relation to my letters of 26 May and 4 June. This letter affords you and all parties the opportunity to comment on the representations received insofar as they relate to matters not already discussed at the inquiry. Please note that this is not an opportunity for you or other parties to re-state your case. All representations already made, both for and against the proposals, will be taken into account by the First Secretary of State, so far as they are relevant, in making his decision. The Secretary of State wishes to proceed to decision and does not intend that the exchange of representations should continue indefinately. For that reason final comments are invited within 7 days of the date of this letter - that is no later than Wednesday, 30 June".

My guess is that we could get a decision in July.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thanks for that Lord B :clap:

So to sum it all up JP wants to make a decision soon after reading the final comments. Are you sending and final comments in Lord B or has that been done to the death now?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thats what I was thinking, now that you have got back all partys respected views are you able to post a brief run down on the anti-falmers stance? or is that no legal or something? If so have they come up with anything new since the inquiry?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can someone text me if the decision is between 23rd July and 6th August.

If it is no, just text "ARCHER YOU C*** ITS ALL YOUR FAULT"

If it is Yes, just text " DICK KNIGHT, I LOVE YOU "

Thanks

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
To be honest, I can't think of anything else to say that hasn't been said 63,000 times already.

That sounds like an excellent final comment.

Get it in the post !!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
My guess is that we could get a decision in July.

Wouldn't it be nice if this decision came before 18th July - then we could really have something to celebrate! :clap2:

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I read an article on the City of Brighton in Business South East magazine that mentioned a decision would be given on the stadium "within days".

I've no idea if the author was informed....

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Lord Bracknell said:
To be honest, I can't think of anything else to say that hasn't been said 63,000 times already.

True, but as the days roll by, more and more support for Falmer pops up. I even got a letter from Charles Hendry [MP for Wealden]yesterday (I know others have, too). EDM889 is now up to 131, which is pretty incredible. Perhaps JP should be reminded, just in case.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
balloonboy said:
True, but as the days roll by, more and more support for Falmer pops up. I even got a letter from Charles Hendry [MP for Wealden]yesterday (I know others have, too). EDM889 is now up to 131, which is pretty incredible. Perhaps JP should be reminded, just in case.

i recieved a letter from charles hendry adding his support too yesterday.
JP will be aware of those supporting the EDM

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's hope there is a decision shortly.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dave the gaffer said:
can someone text me if the decision is between 23rd July and 6th August.

If it is no, just text "ARCHER YOU C*** ITS ALL YOUR FAULT"

If it is Yes, just text " DICK KNIGHT, I LOVE YOU "

Thanks

I'll text you Dave but it may not be worded quite that way.
It will echo your sentiments though.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This issue has dragged on for far too long. It's time the ODPM actually took a decision. The continuing delays are inexcusable. Even with a positive decision, I doubt we'll be running out at Falmer until 07/08 at the earliest. It seems a very long way off.

:nono:

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Am I the only person who has gone beyond tense about the whole situation? It's like I'm just resigned to the fact that the announcement will be made at some point so I'm no longer worried about it in the meantime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here