Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stadium Access Cards 23/24

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No but I imagine it’s clicking a button to put the whole season into the card. Same as the digital wallet - so nothing / next to nothing / part of the service… can’t believe so many are picking apart a clear money grabbing unfair ploy personally. The Internet - where everyone loves to argue something that is nothing really to do with them and not affecting them - had this exact conversation with someone today after reading out some of the posts on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ps - the ‘cost’ would be the same as the smart phone option I’m pretty sure - the card may cost a quid or whatever but already has that and can be used for many seasons like we used to. Does it really matter?
Discussing how the club manage the move to digital tickets affects all fans.

And the reasons the club have introduced a fee for cards is not just about ££ - it is to change behaviour to deter some from applying / or nudge some into using a phone. The digital migration is to reduce costs/fraud/admin and so on according to the club , encouraged by the Pl or as you put it - clear money grabbing. I personally don’t think it is although I think the fees are steep. But - aside from the 1-2 on here who are being unnecessarily contrarian - I’ve no issue with NSC wading in to the issue even if you don’t have an old man like we have - who doesn’t use a phone. . It’s what’s NSC is for.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Surely if you shared your 10 year old phone with just Google wallet loaded and shared that with other folk they would then have access to your credit cards etc. loaded in the wallet?

edit:
probably should have quoted @BNthree
All depends if you’ve loaded your cards into the wallet or not doesn’t it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think that’s a bit unfair. We can all express an opinion on the direction of travel of the club. There will be technological things the current elderly generation do that their parents wouldn’t have countenanced. The world only stops if you get off.
What stout interest in this thread and the £20 they’re trying to charge certain people? You keep positing and quoting my replies that aren’t to you - just out of interest - how does this subject interest / affect you so badly?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No but I imagine it’s clicking a button to put the whole season into the card. Same as the digital wallet - so nothing / next to nothing / part of the service… can’t believe so many are picking apart a clear money grabbing unfair ploy personally. The Internet - where everyone loves to argue something that is nothing really to do with them and not affecting them - had this exact conversation with someone today after reading out some of the posts on here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ps - the ‘cost’ would be the same as the smart phone option I’m pretty sure - the card may cost a quid or whatever but already has that and can be used for many seasons like we used to. Does it really matter?
You say money grabbing but there is a free option - the phone. Which you've already said he won't want to use.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Discussing how the club manage the move to digital tickets affects all fans.

And the reasons the club have introduced a fee for cards is not just about ££ - it is to change behaviour to deter some from applying / or nudge some into using a phone. The digital migration is to reduce costs/fraud/admin and so on according to the club , encouraged by the Pl or as you put it - clear money grabbing. I personally don’t think it is although I think the fees are steep. But - aside from the 1-2 on here who are being unnecessarily contrarian - I’ve no issue with NSC wading in to the issue even if you don’t have an old man like we have - who doesn’t use a phone. . It’s what’s NSC is for.
I’m getting f***ed off with the non understanding keyboard replies from people it doesn’t affect, randomly making
judgements on people they have never met and situations they’re not in. It’s pretty sad and unhelpful tbh. But yes it’s nsc for you at times - as vile as other social media mainstreams at times. I should have just have it the wide berth after getting extremely f***ed off yesterday with the replies from a couple. Time to get off this thread - apologies, cba with it. Last time I bother to offer a totally understandable opinion on a subject that really isn’t that big. f*** it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What stout interest in this thread and the £20 they’re trying to charge certain people? You keep positing and quoting my replies that aren’t to you - just out of interest - how does this subject interest / affect you so badly?
It interests me because I buy football tickets and am aware of and agree with the direction of travel from paper to digital. The fee we are discussing is one charged by the football club I support and is designed to incentivise that process. I have expressed my view on NSC because it is a forum for BHA supporters to express their views on all things BHA, including this one. There is no obligation on you to agree with me or vice versa. That’s how it works.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It interests me because I buy football tickets and am aware of and agree with the direction of travel from paper to digital. The fee we are discussing is one charged by the football club I support and is designed to incentivise that process. I have expressed my view on NSC because it is a forum for BHA supporters to express their views on all things BHA, including this one.
Great - keep posting on such an interesting topic - glad you like to support fleecing pensioners for £s - I’d try get out more personally but there you go, whatever floats your boat - try a career in politics or something pal.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
How on earth is it money grabbing when the club don't want people to have the cards!? It's a nudge and already noted on this thread that's it's worked for some.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is no need to be so aggressive when you hear an opinion you don’t like.
Aggressive 🤣 amazing my how people like you read posts how you want to fit their pre conceived narrative. All open for opinions that involve logic - can’t see any opinion defending £20 charge or a pensioner not wanting a smartphone at all worthy of discussion. Not going to bother discussing with you again as you are just shit stirring a topic which really has little to no bearing on you and antagonising - ooooh aggressively antagonising I’ll conclude.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Aggressive 🤣 amazing my how people like you read posts how you want to fit their pre conceived narrative. All open for opinions that involve logic - can’t see any opinion defending £20 charge or a pensioner not wanting a smartphone at all worthy of discussion. Not going to bother discussing with you again as you are just shit stirring a topic which really has little to no bearing on you and antagonising - ooooh aggressively antagonising I’ll conclude.

‘I’d try get out more personally but there you go, whatever floats your boat - try a career in politics or something pal.’
is what you said.
Yeah, I reckon that’s aggressive and if it isn’t I would hate to meet you on a bad day.
Anyway, you won’t read this because you have left the thread.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
‘I’d try get out more personally but there you go, whatever floats your boat - try a career in politics or something pal.’
is what you said.
Yeah, I reckon that’s aggressive and if it isn’t I would hate to meet you on a bad day.
Anyway, you won’t read this because you have left the thread.
f*** off 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will continue to post about whatever I want to post about. That includes Stadium Access Cards. If you can’t cope then pop me on ignore.
With great pleasure - patronising is the lowest form of communication.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As someone else mentioned, the charge closes a current loophole that allows people to bypass the ticket sharing fee.
I often wonder if anyone has actually shared the current type of ST card as it has a photo of the ST holder on it.
I’ve never once thought about sharing mine, not that I miss many home games though.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I understand that the cost is largely as a disincentive, but I think the current admin (having to actually contact the club etc...) is probably a pretty effective barrier to entry and I'm not sure that the cost really raises that barrier much higher. I'd be pretty interested to know exactly how many cards the club currently has active anyway, I can't imagine it's a substantial percentage?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Every time I’m waiting to go through the turnstiles to the WSU there seems to be more than one person having issues with their phone and the stewards doing their best to help them.
I can understand why some fans may want to keep their ST card.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here