Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is quite funny,clearly these two are good pals...enjoy

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My cat has brought home all sorts; the worst being when my sister woke up to find a dead rabbit at the end of her bed. So if he spotted a squirrel, he'd definitely have a good go at catching it.

Make a nice pair of slippers?.........sorry

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
absolute tosh
you never met our Ginger Vincent
he would take on anything and I mean anything
we have the vets bills to prove it

cats might not be good fighters ........but cowards never

Totally agree. Though I'm talking about my sadly departed Ginger Tom, who was up for fighting anything. Maybe Ginger Cats are the toughest? I remember (when I lived out in the sticks) seeing a huge rat walking on my conservatory roof, I grabbed Crumplin (for that was his name!) from the front room, tiptoed with him to the kitchen, pointed up to the conservatory roof, he saw the rat and then he was off like a shot. No fear at all. A coward? Yeah, right.

I too had many a vets bill treating deep wounds on every part of that boys body, by the age of 11 his ears were ripped to shreds and his nose scarred to f*ck.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Totally agree. Though I'm talking about my sadly departed Ginger Tom, who was up for fighting anything. Maybe Ginger Cats are the toughest? I remember (when I lived out in the sticks) seeing a huge rat walking on my conservatory roof, I grabbed Crumplin (for that was his name!) from the front room, tiptoed with him to the kitchen, pointed up to the conservatory roof, he saw the rat and then he was off like a shot. No fear at all. A coward? Yeah, right.

I too had many a vets bill treating deep wounds on every part of that boys body, by the age of 11 his ears were ripped to shreds and his nose scarred to f*ck.

Gingers always seem to be the most aggressive,and talikng about showing Crumplin the rat?

Well years ago i worked at a breakers yard,we had 5 cats,nobody else bothered but i would out of my own money,buy and feed them 2 cans of whiskers a day...

anyway,the biggest.....he was huge grey black tabby,white paws,and breasted,and tail tip,Capone was his name would kill anything,lost count of the rats with heads ripped off,funnily enough they would rarely eat them,and at times they were hungry enough to..

He even dragged a hare,twice his size up onto racking 7ft odd feet up in the air in the back of the workshop,and stared down at me if i dared come near him to take it off him..

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Clearly you don't own a cat as your talking complete bollocks.
Had cats all my life and currently have 3 predominantly to keep the rats out as we live in a very rural location.

My black male cat loves squirrels and will always give chase and usually return triumphantly with dead squirrel carried back as a trophy and snack. He also likes rats, magpies, rabbits, crows, magpies and weasels. He's a complete thug who isn't happy until he's killed something. Any visitors who drop by with dogs will usually keep them shut in their car due to his delight in tearing them to shreds.

I do have a cat actually. But mine does not have the killer instinct yours obviously does despite her Bengal heritage. I am impressed your cat can deal with weasels but your comment on dogs is interesting . . .who are these visitors??? Mrs Mangel and bouncer. . . .Robbie & Wellhard. . . Paul O'Grady and Buster ??? You probably live in a much nicer area than me if you can entertain Robbie, Mangel and O'Grady for high tea spoiling them all with Mr kiplings french fancies & PG tips pyramids but where I live, the off-the-lead staffies tend to finish off cats (if they can catch them) long before the claws, hisses or self inflating stances take effect.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cats are bullys. They won't pile in unless they know they will win.....easily. Cats meet their match when they **** with foxes. The owner only finds out their cat has has met a fox when they find the decapitated cat head rolling around their garden. Foxes and squirrels are hard as ****. Leave well alone my feline friends.

Not true. I am an owner of two brothers. Percy has succesfully chased away many foxes. He's as hard as nails. The local cats know not to stray on our portion of BN1.

I'm confused as to whom the pussies are. The foxes or Percy.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
9e9esehe.jpg

He's gonna get ya.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Gingers always seem to be the most aggressive,and talikng about showing Crumplin the rat?

Well years ago i worked at a breakers yard,we had 5 cats,nobody else bothered but i would out of my own money,buy and feed them 2 cans of whiskers a day...

anyway,the biggest.....he was huge grey black tabby,white paws,and breasted,and tail tip,Capone was his name would kill anything,lost count of the rats with heads ripped off,funnily enough they would rarely eat them,and at times they were hungry enough to..

He even dragged a hare,twice his size up onto racking 7ft odd feet up in the air in the back of the workshop,and stared down at me if i dared come near him to take it off him..

Harriet is a ginger and still can be vicious poor old Meggy gets it sometimes when she gets a cob on

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Cats are bullys. They won't pile in unless they know they will win.....easily. Cats meet their match when they **** with foxes. The owner only finds out their cat has has met a fox when they find the decapitated cat head rolling around their garden. Foxes and squirrels are hard as ****. Leave well alone my feline friends.

My old cat Floyd is a double hard *******. Or an idiot. He takes on foxes. Hasn't lost badly yet...

TerryT

Jun 14, 2011
Your obviously not a pet lover then, you seem to take pride in your dogs taking a cat, good for you, yes I have a Staffy and a cat, I love them both, just being part of a family, especially with young grand kids who do nothing but love them, sad some people use animals as a part of making them think they are something special, maybe try and get yourself a spot on Jeremy Kyle, that should get your ego going.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I too can testify to the hardness of gingers, I had one that killed a HERRING GULL once. ****ing massive it was. Our neighbour had an alsatian that was scared shitless of it.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Rubbish, I've seen my old cat attack a fox and a dog abou 5X it's size.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I used to have a cat that regularly played with a squirrel. They used to chase each other around. One minute I'd see the cat chasing the squirrel then the next minute I'd see the squirrel chasing the cat.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My old retired Greyhound knocked off three cats in the backyard during his retirement years. Only once did he even look like he had a scratch on him. Either he was good at what he did or the opposition was rubbish.

................I grabbed Crumplin (for that was his name!) from the front room........................

..And the award for the greatest cat name ever goes to Grassman....

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Never had a cat, but we used to keep an un-neutered Tom in our warehouse of the old municipal market. His name was Jaffa and he was completely evil. Primarily there to protect Avocados!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My Daughter's cat is very like the one in the OPs picture but slightly smaller. However, she hides in the bushes in the Garden and chases squirrel and foxes the moment they appear. She once bought a dead squirrel back, but I suspect she nicked it off a fox. Although the foxes appear far bigger than her, anyone who has ever held a fox knows that it is all fur and even the ones that appear large are very small and light.

I think every cat our family have ever owned have chased foxes and i've never known a fox turn and have a go back. Top Boys ? pah !

*edit* and the Gingers we have had are the hardest

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
..And the award for the greatest cat name ever goes to Grassman....

I also had a beautiful labrador called 'Albie'. My wife at the time wanted a dog and I wasn't too keen - being a cat person - so in order for her to have her wish I insisted on naming it. 'Albion' rapidly became shortened to 'Albie', but by then I was too hooked on him to care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here