Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs Vs Everton OFF (merged)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Everton fans have cancelled their plans to travel to London on Saturday for the game against Tottenham as all the good stuff has already gone

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
and so it begins

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bernie was adamant yesterday that the QPR game should NOT be called off. Then again, he was all up for racing in Bahrain despite the troubles there, and he had to relent in the end.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Sad really as its letting these dickheads win, but Tottenham area took a battering, so not surprised, Police levels are stretched to the limit.

I cant see all London games going but i think a couple might, cant see Palace going ahead

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
1113: FOOTBALL - Chief executive of the Premier League Richard Scudamore: "The very latest situation is that Tottenham and Everton has gone.The police have done a fantastic job, but it's been a crime scene all week and the council have not had enough time to do what they need. "The other nine fixtures are looking positive, subject to any more trouble."At 6pm tonight we will have a very clear picture. The Tottenham game is a real shame but we support the police in what they are doing. "They want these games to go on as much as we do."".

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Well that will have f***ed up a lot of peoples fantasy football teams! Which of course, is what matters most.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Think the reasoning seems to be damage to infrastructure in the area rather than concerns about policing/more trouble.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Bearing in mind that the Spurs ticket office got trashed, I think this specific fixture was always going to be at much higher risk of being cancelled than others.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Hoping the Palace game isn't called off. With their current makeshift back line (3 loanees in the back 4 last week I think), and now Murray being out injured they will benefit from the game being postponed.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sad really as its letting these dickheads win

Not really, is it? Their aim isn't to disrupt he football fixtures. They're not making a point against the premier league, or societies fixation with football. It is in no way a win for them.

Quite the opposite, I'd say. How many people who were indifferent or sympathetic to these people will now think 'actually this is starting to affect me now, and turning against them? Some of those involved who don't have any political motivation must be football fans, maybe even tottenham fans looking forward to the new season etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here