Spurs tickets, date order, my arse

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Johnners said:
Can someone explain the benefits to me of being a season ticket holder?

Hmmm that is a difficult one

You have a ticket for west ham at home which come 23 April will be gold dust.

You get 24 opportunities to enjoy the unique Withdean atmosphere every season -

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
tinx said:
The simple fact is demand for away games only outstrips supply maybe twice or at worst three times a season so to create a system just for these would be foolish. The problem here lies in that xmas post is affecting delivery times.

So far every game this season I have applied for tickets I have got.

The benefits of being a seaosn ticket holder is you get rediuced price tickets and a guaranteeed seat at withdean for every home game. At not point has the club said this entitles you to anything else. Granted some clubs give priority to season ticket holders on away game but our club doesn't. Everyone knows the system and 99% of the time it works. If you want tickets for a game you know will be over subscribed make the extra effort to send the tickets in early or hand deliver them and you won't be disappointed.

For the record I am a seaosn ticket holder but I think the first come first served method is fine.

Easy to say when you have a ticket. I always apply early and did so again for this. The club have f***ed up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:
You get a guaranteed seat at the worst ground in the League.

You get a soaking if it rains.

You pay more than £400 for the privilege.

You get to see an England U21 International slice the ball into Row Q every other week.

Ummm.

Thats it.

That would be the same U21 International that has scored one of our two goals in the last umpteen games? nah it can,t be him, he's shit.....:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Sorry couldn't resist that one

tinx said:
the first come first served method is fine.

And simpler, hence easier, hence cheaper for the club to administer which is in the end the deciding factor for me.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hannibal smith said:
This is a f***ing joke. We applied on the day of the announcement for 7 people;

4 season ticket holders
5 who have donated to A&K
and 3 of us went to Lincoln away in the 1st round last year when no other bastard could be arsed.

Our reward is a rejection letter. The club can stick my unwavering support up their arse if they cant sort out letters into date order.

I was at Lincoln as well. Does not mean we should get priority.

As Tinx said, it is not when you sent it off but when they recieved it.

Do you honestly think the people in the club shop got your letter and thought, hang on, lets wait and hold this one back until we have processed all the others?

I understand you are gutted but you cannot blame the club shop. It is not one big conspiracy.

Being a season ticket holder gets you tickets to all home games. That is it.

Think about the demand for Leeds at home. You already had tickets.

West Ham at home, you will already have a ticket.

You know when you get a season ticket that that is the deal so dont moan.

There are 6,000 regular fans at Withdean and a good few hundred who go away but not to home games.

6,500 REGULAR Brighton fans after 5,400 tickets. Not everyone is going to get one.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
Oh my God I agree with Richie for once.

I always thought STH's bought their tickets because they wanted to see the Albion play at Withdean, but instead we on NSC get the privelege of listening to them wear their hair shirts, start peeling onions, playing violins and almost make out they are forced to buy a ticket, and if they don't then their first born will be slaughtered by Dick Knight and then fed to Martin Perry.

As has been said, the away allocation scheme works smoothly for nearly all away matches, is cheap to administer, and everyone knows the score.

If you were that desperate for a Spurs ticket do what I did, send off a letter Special Delivery on the day the details were announced, guaranteed to arrive the next day, costs £3.75 but you know you will get a ticket.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Or post it on the day of the draw.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
so they recieved over 4800 applications on the first 2 days of going on sale did they? I find it hard to believe.

Does anybody know if the office can prove their method?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Johnners said:
Couldn't agree more. What a load of Arse. Sent my letter day after they went on sale so I'd like to know who the 5,400 people who sent them before me are.

I'm one of the lucky 1000 who got a £37 ticket. I posted mine first class on the day they were announced. I made a special trip to make sure it caught the last evening post that day. That's why I got a ticket. That suggests that many of the 5400 must have applied after the draw and before the announcement. Well done them for initiative.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
A cynic might ask If an overworked/understaffed ticket office is really going to bother sorting through hundreds of tickets to process them in date order, do you not think it's possible that they just take the nearest ones to the top of the pile. they know they're not going to please everyone, who's going to know anyway...........

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
upnorthnow said:
A cynic might ask If an overworked/understaffed ticket office is really going to bother sorting through hundreds of tickets to process them in date order, do you not think it's possible that they just take the nearest ones to the top of the pile. they know they're not going to please everyone, who's going to know anyway...........

Good point. I would.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
It's a manual process, it is additional workload (the Sheffield ticket details were nearly 3 weeks late in being announced because of the amount of time tied up in the Spurs tickets). It would be understandable if they took the easiest option...

I'll get over it, perhaps some kind soul will take pity on me and offer me their spares.......and yes i still beleive in Father Christmas, fairies and the Easter Bunny.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Richie Morris said:

Do you honestly think the people in the club shop got your letter and thought, hang on, lets wait and hold this one back until we have processed all the others?

I understand you are gutted but you cannot blame the club shop. It is not one big conspiracy.

There are 6,000 regular fans at Withdean and a good few hundred who go away but not to home games.

6,500 REGULAR Brighton fans after 5,400 tickets. Not everyone is going to get one.

Well done. Spot on post, this one.

And I got a "Dear Away Member" letter too, not a ticket.

And I went to Lincoln last year. Not that that is relevant to anything, I don't get that argument at all...

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i missed out too

:(

mental note to self - next time tickets go on sale i will walk up to the shop and put my application through the door the day the draws made :angry:

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
I hand delivered my application into the shop and as the ticket office was shut (it was late on a Saturday afternoon) the girl behind the printing counter took it and put it round the back.

...And for my Christmas present I get a rejection letter on Christmas Eve.

I don't believe that the process was 'strictly date order' as I had it in well early. Three tickets - all season ticket holders and I'm gutted.

Yeah kids - I know it's Christmas Day but despite asking you if you wanted to come with Daddy to London we won't be going to Spurs after all.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

miguelpea

Sep 17, 2004
Near the park.
yup, me and matey boy got a nice rejection letter yesterday. Letter says that we can't have a ticket coz we aint members of the AMS. Only trouble is we are !

so matey boy goes to Brighton in person (a not inconsiderable journey these days) and says to 'em

"look you sent us a rejection coz we aint AMS but we are AMS..... and we sent application off on day 1"

and the club says...........

"duh, oh so you are, ever so sorry we made a mistake. But there's nothing we can do about it now"

Thanks. Massive, Honest, F*cking, Huge, Festive Thanks a lot

Knackers

Cobblers

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Richie Morris said:

You are talking out of your @rse. Do you really think it was the 65k regular fans that got tickets or those that come out of the closet once and a while.

Regards date order. I walked in the shop to complain and the guy admitted that he believes that date order was not followed. As someone else posted QPR and rejection letter came through lightning speed, but obviously our letter to the shop got lost in the post???? Yeah right.

See now that spurs website is saying that the games is sold out so cant even get home tickets.

Anyone know how much an executive box costs?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm a season ticker holder and i hand delivered my application
to the club shop in person the day after the annoucement
with my other half in tow who was moaning like a good-un as it
was eating into precious shopping time.
low and behold xmas eve i also recieved a rejection letter
which stated the response was overwhelming and that they
could'nt meet the demand.Fair enough..
What pissed me off was that in the same letter they advised
me to apply for the Ipswich match as this was expected to be