Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Spurs: The Football Crowd v The Residents

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I heard the guys on the microphone outside seven sisters but wasn’t really listening. I thought they were just doing a religious thing. What were they saying.

The motorbike gang included quad bikes pulling wheelies.

They were a religious group….they started reacting a bit when some of the people heading into the station started giving them abuse :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes but, they ALWAYS win the FA Cup in a year ending with 1.

Except 1971, 2001, 2011, 2021.

He he, yes, that sequence was ruined a while ago. North London geordies really. For all their perceived greatness, they haven’t half underdelivered.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
That's exactly the route I did today - a lot less moody and less sh1tty than than the walk along the Seven Sisters road, which is a dump

No problems at all on the walk to and from Seven Sisters....any Spurs fan we spoke to were plesant enough....

So a few guys wanted to ride their bikes and rev them loudly.....up to them, no problem.

The group outside the tube were being asked about a CBO ( community blocking order?) By the Police....there are also 'religious' street preformers in other cities....its no problem.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Your observations are not far off the mark GB.
Take the Spurs stadium for example, it's a billion pound set up planted smack bang in the middle of a working class, low income area.
It's rife in most parts of London.
Money mountain's being built, with no care for the local community.
Yes I know the clubs try and integrate the local community, but it doesn't always work.
Back lash is taken against outsiders.

I agree , spurs stadium is located in a working class , very urban area , not so much dangerous but quite rough around the ages .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He he, yes, that sequence was ruined a while ago. North London geordies really. For all their perceived greatness, they haven’t half underdelivered.

When I was a kid they had the biggest spend with Manure, but couldn’t lay a glove on Liverpool …. for decades. Liverpool 7 - 0 Ardiles/Villa/Hoddle on one very sunny afternoon.

Later Lineker, Gazza, Klinsmann, the Ardiles front 5, forever shadowing Stains manager and player moves, even pinching their song :wanker:.

For what …. a cup every 15 years.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No problems at all on the walk to and from Seven Sisters....any Spurs fan we spoke to were plesant enough....

So a few guys wanted to ride their bikes and rev them loudly.....up to them, no problem.

The group outside the tube were being asked about a CBO ( community blocking order?) By the Police....there are also 'religious' street preformers in other cities....its no problem.

Did you get as far as the Caribbean BBQ place before you ate? It's much nearer the ground than I remembered and he had quiet Calypso music on instead of pounding reggae this time.

But, nah, it's not just a few blokes on bikes. I detected a real undercurrent of dislike of the football crowd from many people on that road. The first point of the thread was to see if anyone else agreed. And the second was to see if anyone else agreed that the vast majority of Spurs fans now come into the ground from somewhere else.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Did you get as far as the Caribbean BBQ place before you ate? It's much nearer the ground than I remembered and he had quiet Calypso music on instead of pounding reggae this time.

But, nah, it's not just a few blokes on bikes. I detected a real undercurrent of dislike of the football crowd from many people on that road. The first point of the thread was to see if anyone else agreed. And the second was to see if anyone else agreed that the vast majority of Spurs fans now come into the ground from somewhere else.

Doesn’t really matter though. I expect the Tottenham residents go to someone else’s area to the pub/cinema/shopping etc. It’s city living.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Were a colony of bats displaced during WHL renovation?

Was it built near an area of outstanding natural beauty?

Are the locals worried about their view being ruined?

Tottenham is one of the poorer areas of London and ticket prices at the Stadium are amongst the highest! Have the locals been priced out of their club?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

The Jerk Chicken stall we tried didnt take cards and we didnt have cash....so ended up with £6.50 burger.

But had nice Greek Food by Tower Bridge after the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here