Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs - Sat 5th Feb 8pm

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Is that it then? No more blocks opening? Or are they just negotiating how many more blocks to purchase?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We only took 5,700 tickets :ffsparr:

We took 5,000 to Old Trafford when there was a nationwide blizzard going on ffs. So obvious we would easily sell 6,500+.

I reckon loads of fans held off buying for the other blocks to become available. Quite staggering how the club has so little faith in it’s fans. Yes, I know there are travel issues.

Trains are a bit problematic granted, but not insurmountable issues,
No reason for fans that really want to go, to still be buying tickets.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Attachments

• 271971779_1302353776937381_2083174878784317588_n.jpg
    271971779_1302353776937381_2083174878784317588_n.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 201

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I think its incredibly poor they've communicated they are only taking 5,700 AFTER its sold out, I know a few who were waiting until today to get tickets with other members and many more who wanted to get Guest tickets, but only today are finding out they can't, if this was communicated a few days ago, it would have sold out days ago and likely we would have had the whole 9k, poor show from the club here. I expect it'll be described as clickbait or something if anyone dares question the decision to do this.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Trains are a bit problematic granted, but not insurmountable issues,
No reason for fans that really want to go, to still be buying tickets.

I know, I just put that in there for anyone who wanted to reply ‘Well, the club took the travel situation into account on making this decision. It probably put a few off, but I still would’ve thought we’d take at least an extra thousand on top.

Must be a lot of annoyed members. I suppose some can say ‘you snooze, you lose’ but the members probably didn’t think we’d only take 5,700.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I think this should put pay to the notion that blacked out blocks are yet to be released as many have assumed in this thread.

See you there!

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
What a f*ck up!
The club underestimated demand and also did not not communicate it had only 5,700 tickets leaving fans who could have got tickets thinking they had more time.

Also, why do the FA demand upfront payment for the full 9000?

Spurs could have held back from selling in the upper tiers until it was clear we did not need them but suppose it's not necessarily in their best interest.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Major **** up from the club once again.

Will be loads of people fully intending to go holding back so they could get tickets with family or mates. The strong sales so far show numbers will travel.

First bowing to TV pressure with a ham fisted explanation about how tv revenue is more important than fans in the stands and now this. Makes me sick - and I have a ticket by the way this isn’t bluster because I missed out.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
I am not one to criticise the club and I do find a lot of the criticism on here mostly unjustified and tedious. However, this appears to be very poor communication from the club. If we had only taken an initial allocation of 5,700 tickets and might not be able to get any more then this should have been clearly stated at the outset. That way everyone could have made a judgement about getting a ticket earlier or holding out to buy one later on with friends etc. Whilst I do have a ticket for myself I can totally understand why many fans will be very unhappy how this particular sale has been handled.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What a f*ck up!
The club also did not not communicate it had only 5,700 tickets leaving fans who could have got tickets thinking they had more time.

That's the issue IMO - poor communication - not been a good few days for the club in that respect.

The club should have, IMO, informed fans we had initially only taken up 5,700 tickets so that those waiting to purchase with others knew the score.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well actually, the wording was...

The club MAY purchase an allocation of up to 9,000 tickets for this fixture, which go on sale from 9am on Friday 14 January.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Fuming. As an STH I could have bought tickets last week but wanted to get them with an Albion + friend. Was lead to believe we would have a 9k allocation so assumed it would be fine to sort after work and now it's sold out? Why wouldn't they tell us how many tickets they'd allocated? Absolutely ridiculous.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Always going to be demand from people who don't have the points who can't normally get near to these games.

And now they still can't go.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
But why, when it became obvious they were not going to buy the whole allocation (before they went on sale by the way) did they not make it clear?

Clearly the communication could have been better here I was merely pointing out the club never confirmed they had in fact taken the full allocation, only that they could take up to that amount.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's a hideous cock up from the club.

But surely the underlying problem is the requirement for the club to pay up front for blocks of tickets. Surely if this was banned and the full allocation was given to the away club on a sale or return basis (up to say a week before the fixture), then you avoid the away club having to front the cash. Some will be much more willing and able to.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Really annoyed about this.

The club put out a communication (here) 4 days ago, stating the allocation of 9000.

They then released even the existing allocation in dribs and drabs, giving the impression that more tickets would become available as and when those were sold.

I could have bought my ticket on Friday, but I was waiting so I could sit with my non-STH brother. With 'only' 5700 of the 9000 sold, at no point did the club give the impression that I should hurry up and buy if I wanted one.

What a load of nonsense.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I don't have a problem with the club not agreeing to 9000 tickets as I suspect these would never have sold through but they should have been upfront and said that it was going to be 5700.

I imagine that there will be plenty of room in the home end.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Really annoyed about this.

The club put out a communication (here) 4 days ago, stating the allocation of 9000.

They then released even the existing allocation in dribs and drabs, giving the impression that more tickets would become available as and when those were sold.

I could have bought my ticket on Friday, but I was waiting so I could sit with my non-STH brother. With 'only' 5700 of the 9000 sold, at no point did the club give the impression that I should hurry up and buy if I wanted one.

What a load of nonsense.

Same as.
Very disappointed, is an understatement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here