Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs new stadium ticket prices

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't really have a problem with people paying insane sums of money for premium seats, as long as standard tickets remain affordable.

I'm no fan of Ken Bates, but back in the 80s when he refused to let cameras into Stamford Bridge because he felt the BBC/ITV duopoly was taking the piss financially, he was spot on. Football sold itself short for years.

So if there is a market for £500 tickets at Spurs, it's not unreasonable that those seats are created.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
This is in their executive suites though, from what I hear there is a massive bar 300m long which can deliver 10,000 pints in a minute, now thats progress. On the top end, they have the glass tunnel so you can see the players warm up??? why?? they also have.... a cheese room, yes a cheese room. Football is fast becoming elitest at the top end of the market. I don't know where this is all going but I don't like it. Apart from the 10,000 pints that is.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is in their executive suites though, from what I hear there is a massive bar 300m long which can deliver 10,000 pints in a minute, now thats progress. On the top end, they have the glass tunnel so you can see the players warm up??? why?? they also have.... a cheese room, yes a cheese room. Football is fast becoming elitest at the top end of the market. I don't know where this is all going but I don't like it. Apart from the 10,000 pints that is.
Shifting 33 pints per metre of bar space in a minute would involve "It's a Knockout!" style chaos.... :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So if there is a market for £500 tickets at Spurs, it's not unreasonable that those seats are created.

You are absolutely spot on. I know someone who is interested in buying a couple. He went to the presentation the other week and was basically sold the dream of their top package. The figures involved were astronomical (£30k debenture and then £19k per season for two seats behind the dugouts). His money though and if that's what he wants to spend it on then good luck to him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wine and cheese parties were in vogue 40 or so years ago as were fondue parties since then and around 30 years ago.

Seems cheese is making a comeback.

Cheese has never gone out of fashion in my mind. Pairs very well with craft beer also.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here