Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs forum ahead of Saturday

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yet, just like us, they've taken 11 points from the last 18. They have won their last 4 home matches, one of which was against Man City. They may not be playing good football, but they are perfectly capable of keeping it tight and getting a Kane winner, just like they did at the Amex in October. Presumably, they are likely to repeat the 4-3-3 that worked for them that day. The fans on that forum are just typical big sixers who expect to win every game and bleat when they don't. They underestimate their team's effectiveness. This won't be at all easy.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yet, just like us, they've taken 11 points from the last 18. They have won their last 4 home matches, one of which was against Man City. They may not be playing good football, but they are perfectly capable of keeping it tight and getting a Kane winner, just like they did at the Amex in October. Presumably, they are likely to repeat the 4-3-3 that worked for them that day. The fans on that forum are just typical big sixers who expect to win every game and bleat when they don't. They understimate their team's effectiveness. This won't be at all easy.
Yep. They will be favourites and rightfully so. They are dire to watch but they get results. Draw would be a good result.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Its a big game for both clubs.. any result wouldn't be a surprise really.. Spurs often happy to sit deep and break - we will offer them that opportunity and in Kane of course they have the man to take chances. If they don't score on the break though the atmosphere will become increasingly toxic (judging by the forum!) and our chances increase if they feel compelled to take risks. I expect them to be horribly physical, and expect Romero to try to get stuck into Ferguson - hoping Evan is level-headed enough to see that in that mood, with no reaction, Romero is a mistake waiting to happen and he bides his time for the chances that will come. Could be that Welbeck gets the nod of course.

Really feels like one of those games where the 1st goal may define the outcome, with the scorers unlikely to lose.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Amusing thread on their forum, I'm worried about Saturday though. The games are coming thick and fast at the moment, and I didn't feel we were at our best last night. Fingers crossed the result will energise the team and they will perform as well as we all know they can come Saturday!
I'm much the same. Being so close to the action last night, it looked like Pervis, MacAllister, Caicedo and Mitoma were running a little on empty. Tough call for RDZ to stick or twist with a full week off for the boys next week. But I'd back whoever plays to give Spurs a major test.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Still at least I learned from them that we're second in the Fair Play league, obviously they don't count the manager in the stats!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Screenshot_20230405_132944_Chrome.jpg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I already like the noises from the players over this one. Acknowledging this is a big game and opportunity.

I have a feeling we may do something very very special on saturday

Spurs away , easter saturday , sun out , multiple beers , top 6 six pointer . We should take the roof off Saturday

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Spurs were awful when they went ahead against Everton - who rightly equalised given all the space they were given.

They love giving points away from winning positions. I’m confident!

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Will Kane be fit after the major facial reconstructive surgery he needed after the haymaker punch he got on Monday
If I were Dunky, I’d ask him in passing whether he thought it was safe to play without a protective mask…

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Always worried that Kane will take chances that Bournemouth didn’t last night or sneakily win a pen .

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
There's a thread on twitter where Spurs fans are discussing which of their players get in our XI based on current form.

The general consensus is Harry Kane and Christian Romero only and I'd have to agree. How times have changed! o_O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here