Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs fans...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I remember being out with a couple of mates and a couple of West Bromwich lads, we started singing "my old man said be a palace fan"

They had never heard it before, this was a long long time ago, 20+ years, no idea if anyone did it before Brighton though.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
When I was a little biddy boy my mamma brought me a little toy 2 palace fans hanging on a string she told me to kick their f@#king heads in. F@#king heads in F@#king heads in, and so on. Heard this years ago.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've some bad news for you ....

Palace fans sang a version of 'Build a bonfire' before World War 2. After the 'build a bonfire' bit it went:
"Put the Arsenal on the top,
Tottenham Hotspur in the middle,
And then burn the bloomin' lot!"

The 'Clementine' tune's been used a lot by football fans. In the 1960s I remember singing at Brighton a version that enquired of the referee as to the whereabouts of his father.

EDIT: I've never heard another club do a version of "Molly Malone", (another Brighton song from the 1960s), although surely some must have done. Apart from GOSBTS that's the only song I can think of that I haven't heard some other club do some other version of at some other time.

I grew up in Cambridge, and Cambridge United fans sang Molly Malone then. I doubt they got it from Brighton, as never the twin did meet (until 1977, I think).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I grew up in Cambridge, and Cambridge United fans sang Molly Malone then. I doubt they got it from Brighton, as never the twin did meet (until 1977, I think).

Thanks for confirming. I didn't think we were unique! (Much as I'd have liked us to be). Haven't heard it for decades.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Man Utd have been singing build a bonfire for years.
Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put the Scousers on the top,
Put the City in the middle,
And we'll burn the f*cking lot...

Sure we got we're f*cking brilliant from somewhere else , which leaves "there's no songs there, there's no songs there"

Hardly prolific is it???

I've some bad news for you ....

Palace fans sang a version of 'Build a bonfire' before World War 2. After the 'build a bonfire' bit it went:
"Put the Arsenal on the top,
Tottenham Hotspur in the middle,
And then burn the bloomin' lot!"

The 'Clementine' tune's been used a lot by football fans. In the 1960s I remember singing at Brighton a version that enquired of the referee as to the whereabouts of his father.

EDIT: I've never heard another club do a version of "Molly Malone", (another Brighton song from the 1960s), although surely some must have done. Apart from GOSBTS that's the only song I can think of that I haven't heard some other club do some other version of at some other time.

Yes I wasn't sure on BaB hence the ? As it wasn't my era. I know Man U sing it but assumes that was after our 96 version...? I'm pretty sure we did start the other 2 - we're ****ing brilliant at Peterborough and I recall the outrage when Spurs nicked it. There's no-one there I've never heard anywhere. I assume there's others - go left go left maybe? But yes hardly prolific but then again nobody is with the odd exception like Man Utd, Liverpool & Celtic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here