Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springsteen Cancels North Carolina Show

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
oh, so you don't just sound like the anti-gay bigots who compare homosexual acts to paedophillia or bestiality, you actually are one. fair enough, carry on.

Nope, not comparing the two at all. That's your lack of comprehension coming to the fore.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy is all. Pointing out that the moral indignation of those supporting this transgender nonsense liek yourself most likely don't apply to other people who in your own words "it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide."

Or are you going to now admit your hypocrisy and state that you only apply that reasoning to issues you support?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The crux of your argument seems to be that the government should not be getting involved in this discussion. That transexual people should be left in peace to go about their business as they see fit (including choosing which bog to use). Have i got that right?

If this is correct then you agree with many on this thread and Bruce Springsteen.

Live and let live right?

Yes they should be allowed to go about their lives. However if someone has a dick and wants to use women's toilets, tough luck. Nobody has to recognise that view and enable it.

Bruce Jenner will always be a male regardless of what bits he chops off.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes they should be allowed to go about their lives. However if someone has a dick and wants to use women's toilets, tough luck. Nobody has to recognise that view and enable it.

Bruce Jenner will always be a male regardless of what bits he chops off.

This sounds a lot like someone trying to force their opinion on others to me.

You are of course welcome to your opinion. Seems to me that for a lot of people it just isn't that simple. I don't pretend to understand but am willing to be open minded about they way they feel as it don't hurt any body else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nope, not comparing the two at all. That's your lack of comprehension coming to the fore.

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy is all. Pointing out that the moral indignation of those supporting this transgender nonsense liek yourself most likely don't apply to other people who in your own words "it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide."

Or are you going to now admit your hypocrisy and state that you only apply that reasoning to issues you support?

So, by your own admission you're trying to point out hypocrisy by comparing gender-alignment with peadophilia? Your argument is all over the place. When you're digging yourself a big hole, the best advice you can take is to just stop digging.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
So, by your own admission you're trying to point out hypocrisy by comparing gender-alignment with peadophilia? Your argument is all over the place. When you're digging yourself a big hole, the best advice you can take is to just stop digging.

yep stop digging otherwise you might end up in Brighton ..................and would be a culture shock for you

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
your argument is very confused - you seem to be upset that a 'government' is being called upon to appease a specific group and that the government shouldn't waste it's time on such matters. the situation under discussion here is the complete opposite - the north carolina legislature has taken it upon itself to create a law which affects how people live their lives. your comments on this thread make it sound like you actually agree with the law... but apparently you're all for letting people live their lives without government interference. so which is it?

My argument is sound, I don't use emotion to dictate logic. The law actually stops real women from having to share toilets with men who identify as women and vice versa. So for more people it could be said it has a positive impact on it more so than it has a negative impact on others.

True it shouldn't be a law, but as often happens people's self centred nature empowers beaurecrats to take actions which then create a new law.

this is not even worth discussing with you as the very fact that you liken gender dysphoria to someone believing they are a dog means that our opinions on the subject are so far apart as to be irreconcilable. you sound like the anti-gay bigots who compare homosexual acts to paedophillia or bestiality.

You know gender dysphoria is simply the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex don't you? Not sure you do. So what you're saying is you only recognise one group of peoples emotional and physical identity and not another groups. You sound like the most hypocritical person ever. Painting others as bigots for not recognising one groups emotional beliefs while in the same sentence doing exactly what you're calling out others for.

as in a choice? even if that were true, shouldn't part of the role of government be to protect a member of society's right to make such choices especially when them making that choice has no effect on any other member of society except for offending their sensibilities?

As in they prefer to have sex with people of the same sex....

That is their preference. Be it a biological or psychologial preference.

again, this point of view seems to contradict the beliefs you have expressed elsewhere in this thread. you make it sound like you'd be OK with anyone who doesn't feel included in society solving the problem by 'topping themselves'. say what you want about the role of government but surely part of that role should not be creating such a society but, in fact, the complete opposite.

It's the role of the family and friends to make someone who doesn't feel included in society not feel that way. Not the Governments.

The irony is that in todays day and age Governments have more power than ever and people are getting their hands held like no time before. And yet when you look at communities now they are are as dysfunctional, unfriendly and distant from each other than they ever have been. 40 years ago most people knew eveyone in their strteet, they supported each other as a community. Nowadays most people would be lucky to know let alone talk to their neighbours two houses down. Now when something goes wrong the community does very little and the people moan for the Government to fix their problems.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I'm comparing "it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide." for the two groups.

And why shouldn't they be compared to point out hypocritical biased opinions?

Or are you going to expose your lack of understanding here in thinking paedophilia only means you've fiddled kids? And not the actual definition which means you could live your whole life of "having a feeling" but never acting upon it. I'm not comparing child molesters to transgender, i'm comparing paedophilia. Two seperate things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm comparing "it's the most important thing in their lives - an issue which has led to discrimination, threats of or even actual violence towards them and, in way too many cases, suicide." for the two groups.

And why shouldn't they be compared to point out hypocritical biased opinions?

Or are you going to expose your lack of understanding here in thinking paedophilia only means you've fiddled kids? And not the actual definition which means you could live your whole life of "having a feeling" but never acting upon it. I'm not comparing child molesters to transgender, i'm comparing paedophilia. Two seperate things.

Is it time for bed in Australia?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh he's Australian, that explains it. Sorry if that sounds a little racist, I mean I might as well bring race into it as it's the only subject he's missed out. The goalposts have not only been moved, they've been taken down, packed up and put away for the summer.

I am going to leap to the defence of my wife and friends here. In my experience his views are not representative of Australian views.

Much is being done with regards to this issue in Australia including this Safe Schools program http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org.au/ all though i will concede that the right wing government are not being as supportive of this as many would like.

In fact my nephew bought a note home from school the other day highlighting the fact that his school is inclusive and made mention of LGBT issues in particular.

Thankfully Australia is far more progressive than its reputation

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I am going to leap to the defence of my wife and friends here. In my experience his views are not representative of Australian views.

Much is being done with regards to this issue in Australia including this Safe Schools program http://www.safeschoolscoalition.org.au/ all though i will concede that the right wing government are not being as supportive of this as many would like.

In fact my nephew bought a note home from school the other day highlighting the fact that his school is inclusive and made mention of LGBT issues in particular.

Thankfully Australia is far more progressive than its reputation

(I wasn't being serious Badfish! I'd never think one persons narrow minded views represent a whole country! I was just using the race card as a way of bringing another irrelevant Daily Mail headline subject into his arguement. Good to hear about the good work being done by the way. No offence meant).

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
(I wasn't being serious Badfish! I'd never think one persons narrow minded views represent a whole country! I was just using the race card as a way of bringing another irrelevant Daily Mail headline subject into his arguement. Good to hear about the good work being done by the way. No offence meant).

No worries cobber, just felt the need to defend my adopted country men, No offence taken.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can remember going to Belgium when I was 13 (back in the 60s) using unisex toilets. Nobody seemed to have a problem with it.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i was just about to respond to the various ridiculous points you made but then something struck me as strange about this sentence:

You know gender dysphoria is simply the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex don't you? Not sure you do.

that's an excellent definition with some big words and no spelling mistakes - pretty much the antithesis of a tyrone biggots post. and lo and behold....

Capture.JPG

you are explaining the meaning of a term of which you are questioning my understanding by googling it and using the first result returned, word for word. i'm done with you.

your previous posts on this forum have shown you to be a bigoted idiot. your posts on this thread are just confirming it. have a nice day.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i was just about to respond to the various ridiculous points you made but then something struck me as strange about this sentence:

that's an excellent definition with some big words and no spelling mistakes - pretty much the antithesis of a tyrone biggots post. and lo and behold....

View attachment 73577

you are explaining the meaning of a term of which you are questioning my understanding by googling it and using the first result returned, word for word. i'm done with you.

your previous posts on this forum have shown you to be a bigoted idiot. your posts on this thread are just confirming it. have a nice day.
:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My argument ......

You've forgotten the rules ... suggest you convert to a well known growing religion and change your name to Mo Biggums then you can hold whatever opinion you like without a word of condemnation or ridicule from the progressive elements within our society.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

View attachment 73577

Ha ha. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here