Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] spring fall forwards back - change the current system ? chronometer gubbins

spring fall forwards back - change the current system ?

• NO change - keep the current status quo

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • YES change it reason can be added below

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • YES change to BST - keep the summer vibe going

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • YES change to GMT - lord it over the french with the link to prime meridian - 1884

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • YES change to either BST ot GMT - screw the scots let them have taste of indepence early doors

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • YES change to CET - let me feel closer to our chums over La Manche,

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • YES change to either BST ot GMT - create more division on the isle o'ireland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I want Christmas in February and a complete shut down of all the mills and factories for a week in august. Only in an England mind. Easter can then slot nicely into a late June slot.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I want Christmas in February and a complete shut down of all the mills and factories for a week in august. Only in an England mind. Easter can then slot nicely into a late June slot.
But above all I want to see a revival of corned beef sandwhichs with or without mustard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you'll find that it's spring forward, fall back.

And that puts us permanently out of sync with the common market, which is good enough for me.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Tweak it.

At the moment it's back on the last Sunday in October and forward on the last Sunday in March.

I think change it to back on the second Sunday in November and forward on the second Sunday in March (maybe later/earlier).

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Keep as is. I find my 6 monthly swearathon as I walk around the house altering timepieces quite cathartic. o_O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here