Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Neither KJT nor DAS will win because it was "only" the Worlds and not the Olympics. The same way Andy Murray didn't win when he "only" won the US Open, he needed to win Wimbledon to get it. People only care about those events in niche sports, whereas the cricket win was a "World Cup".

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Neither KJT nor DAS will win because it was "only" the Worlds and not the Olympics. The same way Andy Murray didn't win when he "only" won the US Open, he needed to win Wimbledon to get it. People only care about those events in niche sports, whereas the cricket win was a "World Cup".

So who is going to win it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do you have write anything that isn't unadulterated drivel? Cock.

And, **** me, another twunt I have on ignore. Is that what the bookies call a double? ???

Das Fart to post soon? ???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stokes won England the World Cup, then a few weeks later he orchestrated the greatest test match victory I’ve ever seen. If he doesn’t win, then I’m giving up sport.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Lots of people don't care about cricket either... and we lost the ashes... just saying

Asher-Smith is the first britishh woman ever to win a sprint gold...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 115864

Best wait and see if England (or indeed Scotland/Wales/Ireland) manage to win the egg-chasing

Currently...

odds.png

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And... there you go. No longer favourite.

odds2.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Asher-Smith is the first britishh woman ever to win a sprint gold...

But not in an Olympics. Which is the only time most people care about athletics.

I went to the Worlds in 2017 and they were awesome, but the reality is that the public vote for this, and while what she's done is amazing people will go "not the Olympics though, is it?" That's the way it is.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So who is going to win it?

Ben Stokes.
Lewis Hamilton 2nd.
DAS 3rd.

Unless something remarkable happens in the rugby.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely Aaron Connolly has got it sown up!

I've never gone much on SPOTY anyway, hence the not particularly serious comment. The programme itself bores me to tears.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not that it bothers me greatly but I do think Asher-Smith has a greater chance of winning simply by dint of her being female.

It should be all about opinions on sporting achievements, but it’s become more than that which I find quite sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports