Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sports Cafe Piccadilly- anyone going?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the West End show is a perfectly acceptable trade-off for 90 mins (max) in a pub. Chuck in a nice meal or spend some time shopping and she's winning 2-1 on the day :)

Easy,

As Rich says - cut a deal - that's the way I do it.

I shall do my level best.
And on reflection, even if the Sports Cafe is a shithole charging a fiver a pint, I'll go along with it and nurse a single drink through the game. Bloody HATE being ripped off.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yep. Took my team there for lunch the other week and promised to get the drinks in. When the bill came I scanned down it and saw £2.75 and thought "ooh thats cheap" until I noticed that was for half a pint.

im pretty sure Becks Vier is 3.80 and Stella a little more. certainly not £5 a pint.

still a horrible bar though.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Oh christ, another NSC alter-ego I've acquainted in the Real World and then not matched with their username. I can't keep track !!

:blush:

No, no, no... I meant you got my dandy dresswear down to a tee! :laugh:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm looking for somewhere to watch it too - let me know if there's any advance on the Sports Cafe.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Trying to get in contact with the following (no luck yet)
Famous 3 Kings, 171 North End Road, West Kensington, Earls Court, W14 9NL - Telephone: 020 7603 6071

Apparently a good Sports pub (loads of screens) and rumours of Sky Italia

Three Kings would be a really good alternative. They will almost certainly be showing it.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just found this online about the Three Kings. I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't on. Will probably head there myself about 2pm (in case of emergency, would give enough time to get to the Sports Cafe). Anyone else intending to go - it's right next door to West Kensington station, on the district line one stop from Earl's Court.

A LOT of effort has been put into making this a fantastic place to watch a game. Screens are everywhere, Split game coverage is superb (up to 16 different games can be shown) and the sound can be zoned into 6 different areas. F3K is a smart venue, split into a Front Bar with 1 main screen & 2 x 42" Plasmas. Back bar with 2 more big screens 3 x 42" Plasmas and 2 smaller areas with 2 x 42" plasma also. Check out the mezze? The array of satellite channels on offer is astounding and the landlord and staff are exceedingly well clued up about upcoming games in a wide variety of sports. What we are saying here is that your game WILL be on. Matches are also re-run if you can't make the live feed. It's not just the vast array of facilities that are the attraction here, but the attitude : Come here and you will be entertained.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So are we all agreed it's the Three Kings then? Gotta be a better option than the Sports Cafe. See you there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I shall do my level best.
And on reflection, even if the Sports Cafe is a shithole charging a fiver a pint, I'll go along with it and nurse a single drink through the game. Bloody HATE being ripped off.

Don't buy any drinks in the theatre then Easy. Went up last week to see Priscilla with Mrs P and got charged £13 for a bottle of becks and a glass of wine :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here