Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sponsor pulls out of Lewes match - Should we step in?

jonogulls

Aug 2, 2004
bha.fatboy said:
not allowed a point of view nowadays if it goes against the majority. you lot must be right C U N T S if all you can do is knock someone for their own views. Where did I ever say that I did not appreciate the effort Lewes have put in to our cause and where did I say that you should niot give your money to them. I said that it was my view and no one else. Can't anyone think for themselves nowadays :salute:

No you were trying to encourage others not to donate money to what they believe is a worthy cause.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i agree no one was having a go cos of your point of view. however asking us to justify ourselves as to why we donate to this cause instead of the albion was the reason.

i will donate as we need all the support we can get and if it helps our push for falmer than so be it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
jonogulls said:
No you were trying to encourage others not to donate money to what they believe is a worthy cause.

Where? I have never said do not donate to them have I? I have only said that I, not you or anyone but me, my own opinion, would prefer to donate any spare cash to the Albion

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
bha.fatboy said:
not allowed a point of view nowadays if it goes against the majority. you lot must be right C U N T S if all you can do is knock someone for their own views. Where did I ever say that I did not appreciate the effort Lewes have put in to our cause and where did I say that you should niot give your money to them. I said that it was my view and no one else. Can't anyone think for themselves nowadays :salute:

I do sort of agree with you to be honest.

Also has anyone checked that the Albion's game against Rotherham that day has a match sponsor and match ball sponsor. If not, should you lot not think about doing one of these, bearing in mind the clubs current finances etc. After all, charity starts at home....

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The Lewes FC chairman gives an interview to the press about how he is opposed to Lewes DC spending 35k extra of tax-payers money to fight Falmer. In retaliation a sponsor (who was it btw? I think i'll be avoiding that NIMBY for a while) pulls out of a game leaving Lewes FC 400 quid the poorer.
Lord B comes on here and says "this guy has been left out of pocket because he spoke up for us. Maybe some of us MIGHT like to help." It was Lord B's idea, not the Albion, the Albion had nothing to do with it!
Straight away up pipe a few people going on about "Albion forcing us to hand over more money, what a rip-off, what do I care about Lewes, who gives a toss, just demand after demand..." when the Club had nothing to do with it!
I'll spend MY money how I want to. I choose to spend ten pounds of MY well-earned (hah!) money on this.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
The Lewes FC chairman gives an interview to the press about how he is opposed to Lewes DC spending 35k extra of tax-payers money to fight Falmer. In retaliation a sponsor (who was it btw? I think i'll be avoiding that NIMBY for a while) pulls out of a game leaving Lewes FC 400 quid the poorer.
Lord B comes on here and says "this guy has been left out of pocket because he spoke up for us. Maybe some of us MIGHT like to help." It was Lord B's idea, not the Albion, the Albion had nothing to do with it!
Straight away up pipe a few people going on about "Albion forcing us to hand over more money, what a rip-off, what do I care about Lewes, who gives a toss, just demand after demand..." when the Club had nothing to do with it!
I'll spend MY money how I want to. I choose to spend ten pounds of MY well-earned (hah!) money on this.

somone who can think for themselves :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Exactly what I was doing but I get slated for it. I wish Lewes all the best and am pleased they are helping us and If Brighton were not at home I would have probably gone to the game but that is as far as ****I**** am prepared to go

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

And there we have it, in a nutshell.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
i think its a VERY good idea and a wonderful gesture.

unfortunately i'm too flat broke to contribute but i'm very glad to see others are willing to chuck money in.

they lost their sponser cause of their support for OUR cause so i think having a whip round is the least we can do. :)

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
The PR value of this gesture will be worth many times the £400 it costs. It will also seal a fantastic relationship between Lewes and BHA, which will pay dividends in the Falmer debate, I'm sure.

That's why Lord B's idea is so good.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ex Shelton Seagull said:

This is something I do have a choice about, unlike my council (Lewes) who are using my council tax money to fight Falmer.

Stick me in for a tenner Lord B.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I'm up for paying a tenner.We are at home to Rotherham that day so it would be good if the PA system could keep us up to date with the score from our sponsored game.
Perhaps we could get the chance to attend another game later in the season.Do we get the chance to pick MOM ?Coould be a laugh.:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Kevin A

Oct 26, 2003
No problem about score updates if you bring the little old tranny (no, that's the portable radio) - BBC Southern Counties will be there with regular updates into Hawsie's commentary. This does have the added merit of finding out whether Hawes is really at the same match you are actually watching...

Kevin

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Absolutely lovely idea. Makes me feel great about being an Albion fan.

...and were I not bankrupt I would gladly contribute.

Hats off to the Lewes man though and best of luck in their season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here